PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
g10
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: Telus

g10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Discoloration on the screen

I'm not sure exactly how to explain this but this has happened twice so far and I need to bring it in for a swap again.

On the screen I have what i can only describe as an oil spill on my screen. It has that funky look oil does when its floating on water. It's a rectangle shape over part of the screen. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I mean its happened to me 2 devices in a row now so I would hate to assume my luck is that good!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Discoloration on the screen

I've seen that on people's phones where they have put too much pressure on the screen by accidentally sitting on it, stepping on it, etc.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
g10
N00b
Threadstarter

g10 is a n00b

Good point, I'm not sure how this could of happened tho since I try and baby my phone, on the next replacement I'll be even more care full and see what happens.

thanks for the feed back
Old 12-23-2008, 12:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

theres a thread about this on a cdma diamond, ill look for it.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I found these:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25981

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43431

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

captspaulding1000 is just getting started

i used to carry my touch in my pocket with the screen facing outwards and i managed to wreck 2 screens i noticed one day when i was leaning over my desk at work that the corner of the desk was pushing on the exposed screen. no i carry my phones with the screen facing inwards and have not had a problem since.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM
g10
N00b
Threadstarter

g10 is a n00b

so from reading most of those threads it seems to be mostly caused by variance's in temperature (highly probable since its winter and the phones with me in my pocket when I shovel etc. The sudden change of temp causes one of the layers on the screen to "peel off" and cause the oil slick look. Well they've already replaced it once with this issue imma keep doing it till they refuse or exchange for a TP
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM
VIP Member

I've never dealt with Telus, but I can vouch for Sprint in saying that if you are having the same issue with multiple phones, you can usually sweet talk them into upgrading instead of replacing with the same thing over and over again. From my experience with Sprint, phone reps are more likely to help you out with that sort of thing than stores. Again, I'm not sure how it works with Telus, but good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond