PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   International Text Msg (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50914)

xxza 12-29-2008 01:22 AM

International Text Msg

I got charged for international text messaging to UK every month on my sprint touch diamond. But I swear that I never send any text messaging to UK. I called sprint customer support - they couldn't offer any help.

Anyone can help me with this problem? Thanks very much.

denttarek 12-29-2008 01:56 AM

Re: International Text Msg

are you receiving any?

xxza 12-29-2008 02:15 AM

no receiving of any international txt msg

according to sprint, it is my phone that sent out txt msg to UK.

it is really a mystery to me.... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by denttarek (Post 605566)
are you receiving any?

lxcivic4life 12-29-2008 02:24 AM

Only other thing I can think of is that you are using a program on your phone that is sending these messages without you knowing.

Spr0ckEt 12-29-2008 06:28 AM

Wow, the mystery UK txt? I would recommend backing up all data and reflashing. Try it out for a little while and see if the TXT charges are recurring on the next bill. If not, problem solved. If so, tell sprint to "eff themselves." Or something to that effect.

skeegcpp 12-29-2008 06:31 AM

i believe sumthin like that wud b itemized on the bill..check and c if the date and time is available.....that mite giv u an idea of where its coming from, or in this case where its going

JQuill 12-29-2008 11:39 AM

You could also be a victim of ESN cloning and someone is using your ESN to send out texts on another phone. Long shot, but make sure you check your bill and when you call they can tell you exactly what time they were sent and to what number, even if you haven't gotten your bill yet. I've never had any experience as a victim or participant in ESN cloning, but somebody can take the ESN off your phone and assign it to another device by hacking it, and both phones can allegedly be used at the same time, so even if you're using your phone as normal and it's powered on and in use, they can still send texts from another phone using your ESN.

yellaboyla 12-29-2008 11:46 AM

i would also reset my online passwords. someone could be texting from inside your pic mail account.

mabmarc 01-01-2009 12:01 AM

I had the same problem last month. I had 18 international txt messages. Sprint could not tell me who or when they were sent. I find that ridiculous. I don't know ANY international phone numbers so I know it wasn't me.

Like someone else mentioned I wonder if it is a program sending the messages. Do you have any programs by a non U.S. programmer?

mabmarc 01-01-2009 12:07 AM

Here is the info from the Sprint Bill.

14 International Text Message - Untd Kingdom-Mob @ $ 20/msg