PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Slide to Answer off Touch HD (needs porting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
the pic/program is directly off the HTC Touch HD. S2U2 was modeled off of this. Not everyone wants to use S2U2 either, i have no need for an iphone wanna be unlocker program.

This is built for HTC devices and integrates right into the OS itself and is only a slide to answer function none of the other fluff.
lol S2U2 has been out long before HTC got the bright idea to include this feature in their ROMs!
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 12-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

that may or may not be true but this feature was only recently included in S2U2 after the HD was released by user request seeing the HD function. Trust me that specific feature was modeled off the HD. it was first in version 1.30 and the earliest date in his thread is 7-28-08 long after people had seen the new HTCs and had dumped ROMs.

Anyways, point being id still rather have the HTC made add-in which integrates with what we have than the extra fluff in S2U2 many dont want. Just needs to be ported to CDMA now.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 12-29-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I do know Slide2Answer was a S2U2 feature WELL before the Touch Diamond and Pro were announced.

Now the Slide2Answer/Ignore feature might have been influenced by the HD's dialer, but there's nothing wrong with that. He's taking a great idea and adding it elsewhere.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I also would prefer the HTC slide to answer feature. If I use S2U2, it locks volume buttons too. So if I want to quickly silence a message notification using the volume keys, I can't do it with S2U2.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

***CAUTION*** I AM HAVING A HARD TIME UNINSTALLING IT. DOING HARD RESET AS WE SPEAK.

Successfully installed this on Sprint Stock ROM CDMA Touch Diamond following these instructions here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=162

However, after installing these three files it left me with just over 10 MB of RAM left. Does anyone know what can be deleted after installing these files to retreive some RAM? I beleive the 2nd file is what took up the most space, it think it uses about 9 MB. Thanks.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-29-2008 at 10:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
***CAUTION*** I AM HAVING A HARD TIME UNINSTALLING IT.

Successfully installed this on Sprint Stock ROM CDMA Touch Diamond following these instructions here.

However, after installing these three files it left me with just over 10 MB of RAM left. Does anyone know what can be deleted after installing these files to retreive some RAM? I beleive the 2nd file is what took up the most space, it think it uses about 9 MB. Thanks.
thanks for this man.. it works great on the pro... you must have alot of stuff on your phone as i have a lot of memory left on mine
Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
thanks for this man.. it works great on the pro... you must have alot of stuff on your phone as i have a lot of memory left on mine
The Touch PROs have way more RAM than the Diamonds. I think over twice as much.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
***CAUTION*** I AM HAVING A HARD TIME UNINSTALLING IT. DOING HARD RESET AS WE SPEAK.

I also noticed that it changes the whole PHONE settings to be like the GSM version. Meaning there were buttons for video calling, ## Codes did not work, etc.

***EDIT*** I was able to trim the files down and still get the SLIDE TO ANSWER/IGNORE working it is only a total of about 2 MB now. However, the other issue of the GSM stuff still persists. Still plugging away here.

I am picking apart the files as I type this to a.) trim down the file I am positive that we don't need most of the stuff in the second file and b.) to just get the SLIDE TO ANSWER/IGNORE part and nothing else.

Will keep you all posted.

***CAB ATTACHED*** Tested on Hard Reseted Sprint Stock ROM. Here is the trimmed CAB. It only takes about 3 MB of RAM as opposed to 11 MB of RAM from the other sites. Like I said earlier it will give you Slide To Answer/Ignore, but it also applies GSM settings. It uninstalls fine if you don't like it. If someone wants to help me, go ahead and rip open the CAB and see if you can find which file is causing the phone to act like GSM. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Slide to Answer4.cab (980.9 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-30-2008 at 02:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Lurker

Hank3rd is a n00b

Quote:

***CAB ATTACHED*** Tested on Hard Reseted Sprint Stock ROM. Here is the trimmed CAB. It only takes about 3 MB of RAM as opposed to 11 MB of RAM from the other sites. Like I said earlier it will give you Slide To Answer/Ignore, but it also applies GSM settings. It uninstalls fine if you don't like it. If someone wants to help me, go ahead and rip open the CAB and see if you can find which file is causing the phone to act like GSM. Thanks.
Thanks. I am also eager to see the version without the GSM Settings. I was looking for a good resolve for the problem of the answer key being pressed when I take the phone out of my vertical case.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Lurker

Hank3rd is a n00b

Well, it did not work well for me. It tried to bring up the default WM dialer but all of the graphics would not load, even after a reset. And when in call the red, green and mute button were there, but no text. I uninstalled for now. I will wait and see what happens with a tweaked version later on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond