PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Canada (Fo

grashoper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IE With finger scroll?

Hay everyone. When i had my Vogue before i busted it up, i had a Custom ROM on it which had a version of IE that allowed for finger scrolling (instead of the slide bars) Also, one of my biggest site visits is here http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar..._e.html?id=ONT to keep an eye on the weather Radar. IE has ALWAYS had a problem not only loading the page, (some ROMS will load) but getting the radar in motion when you click the 'play' button at the top. Yes, Opera and several other browsers will load the page, but when you hit the play button to put it into motion, the screen flickers real bad with each frame. The ROM that i had on my Vogue, not only loaded the image properly, but was able to put the radar into motion flawlessly, and i was able to use screen scoll around instead of the slidebars. There is so much information on the site, that i can't figure out what ROM i was using, nor which version of IE it had in it. I 'think' it was nfsfan rom. (for the Vogue) i was using. Like i said, my phone got busted, and has since made a crash landing in the ditch along side of the highway, so I can't check. I have since got me a Diamond (CDMA) and tried a couple ROMS and none seem to have the version i'm looking for. Perhaps it was some kind of add-in that was built into the ROM, but i'm not sure. This is driving me crazy... This weather radar is important to me and hope somebody can give me a hand in figuring it out. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: IE With finger scroll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grashoper View Post
Hay everyone. When i had my Vogue before i busted it up, i had a Custom ROM on it which had a version of IE that allowed for finger scrolling (instead of the slide bars) Also, one of my biggest site visits is here http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar..._e.html?id=ONT to keep an eye on the weather Radar. IE has ALWAYS had a problem not only loading the page, (some ROMS will load) but getting the radar in motion when you click the 'play' button at the top. Yes, Opera and several other browsers will load the page, but when you hit the play button to put it into motion, the screen flickers real bad with each frame. The ROM that i had on my Vogue, not only loaded the image properly, but was able to put the radar into motion flawlessly, and i was able to use screen scoll around instead of the slidebars. There is so much information on the site, that i can't figure out what ROM i was using, nor which version of IE it had in it. I 'think' it was nfsfan rom. (for the Vogue) i was using. Like i said, my phone got busted, and has since made a crash landing in the ditch along side of the highway, so I can't check. I have since got me a Diamond (CDMA) and tried a couple ROMS and none seem to have the version i'm looking for. Perhaps it was some kind of add-in that was built into the ROM, but i'm not sure. This is driving me crazy... This weather radar is important to me and hope somebody can give me a hand in figuring it out. Thanks in advance.
NFSFAN is a creative and talented chef ... has put together some very good roms for the Vogue. There are some equally talented people cooking for the Diamond ... check them out, and try a few. In the meantime, the Skyfire browser will do what you want to do with your weather/radar issues ... www.skyfire.com
Old 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yes you are correct. But if you try it, and click the 'play' button you will notice how choppy and inconstant the image refresh is. Also, if you watch the image number at the top of the radar screen <itself> top right corner, you will notice that there are frames skipped, and the image loads are horrible. Also, if you change the options in the option in the Radar to a 3 hour loop, sometimes Skyfire (and other browsers) completely skip the last 2 or 3 images all together. I mean yes.. It will def give an idea of what is going on around you, for sure.. and i'm not *****ing either <wink> Although, it would be REALLY nice to figure out what it is thats so special about NFSFAN's rom to give it finger scrolling, and such a smooth and briliant image on the radar screen. I have made a post over on XDA in his thread, so, wil see if anybody there can help figure it out. I'm going to get my hands on my buddies Vogue later tonight, and see if he'll let me flash it and see what the heck is going on. It's stupid (to most probably) things like this that just drive my my mind all crazy. lol I spent all day yesterday and the day before digging around to try and figure this out. Hopefully if my bud will let me flash his phone, it will tell me something. If not, guess i'll have to hit up the GF to distract him for a while. <g>
Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grashoper View Post
yes you are correct. But if you try it, and click the 'play' button you will notice how choppy and inconstant the image refresh is. Also, if you watch the image number at the top of the radar screen <itself> top right corner, you will notice that there are frames skipped, and the image loads are horrible. Also, if you change the options in the option in the Radar to a 3 hour loop, sometimes Skyfire (and other browsers) completely skip the last 2 or 3 images all together. I mean yes.. It will def give an idea of what is going on around you, for sure.. and i'm not *****ing either <wink> Although, it would be REALLY nice to figure out what it is thats so special about NFSFAN's rom to give it finger scrolling, and such a smooth and briliant image on the radar screen. I have made a post over on XDA in his thread, so, wil see if anybody there can help figure it out. I'm going to get my hands on my buddies Vogue later tonight, and see if he'll let me flash it and see what the heck is going on. It's stupid (to most probably) things like this that just drive my my mind all crazy. lol I spent all day yesterday and the day before digging around to try and figure this out. Hopefully if my bud will let me flash his phone, it will tell me something. If not, guess i'll have to hit up the GF to distract him for a while. <g>
I understand ... I too, can be a little demanding at times. You might get a quicker response from nfsfan at ...

www.ppchaven.com
Old 03-05-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

okay, i got my hands on a borrowed Vogue, and flashed NFSFAN Rom on it, and it is indeed what I was using in the past, and IE works flawlessly. It is a different version (or something) than what all the Diamond roms have on them. The only visible difference to me, is the menu. Heres what the menu looks like. Anybody reconise it as to what version it is?? or maybe like i had said earlier, what may have been done to get finger pan, and looks like this menu? Also, heres what Mighty (and all otheres that i have tried) IE looks like on the Diamond custom rom. Their all dhowing up as Ver 6.

From NFSFAN Vogue Rom.
Screen01.jpg

From the Diamond.
Screen02.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (27.8 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (13.7 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by grashoper; 03-05-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work

Ive seen that version of ie in fufus 6.5 rom give it a shot might be what ur looking for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond