PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Hind1 is keeping up the good workHind1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond headphones shock?

Hey,
Has anybody noticed that sometimes you get a small shock in your ears from the stock HTC Headphones? It happens about twice a month, but it is quite annoying... is it just me or is it happening to others as well?

Please don't forget to press in the rare occurrence that I have helped you!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:51 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Diamond headphones shock?

Never had this problem. I would probably see about getting another set!!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:51 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i just yanked mine out of my ears while im reading this. Lol jk, never herd of this one.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:11 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i just yanked mine out of my ears while im reading this. Lol jk, never herd of this one.

lol.....maybe a little too much radiation in your home perhaps? Just kiddin

But seriously, this has never happened to me............................................YET! DDDDAA DAAA *Evil Monkey from Family guy points at me from my closet!)

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

holy i thought i was the only one. It's happened to me once or twice, but not since i got my diamond replaced about 2-3 weeks ago

Old 12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

are you talking about when you are charging your phone and listening and you hear a little static every once in a while?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

md_lieber is a n00b

This actually happens to me fairly frequently (with a different set of headphones) when I'm jogging. I assume the cord accumulates a static charge as it rubs up against things, and then discharges by "shocking" the inside of the ear (not too deep, but where the bud actually sits inside the canal). Scared he hell out of me the first time it did it (I was sure I was going to be deaf ) but all is well, and I don't worry about it anymore.

One a side note: are you using the little foam covers on the buds? The don't fit in my ears with the covers on, so I have the metal mesh exposed, which I'm sure only encourages the problem.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

happens to me all the time. I feel like a damn pikachu using them. lmao.

it shocks me so bad it makes me wanna throw my diamond sometimes

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I wish you all could tell me exactly what you think is causing this so that I could reproduce it with regularity. I would like to get it to do it command and then get my wife to listen to a song:

"Hey sweetie, you gotta check out this tune. What? It shocked you? I am so sorry to hear that, I never knew it could do that."

Though I would probably want to up the amperage a little, if you know what I mean...
Old 12-21-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

uhohitzluke is a n00b

i dont know if you guys know this or if its common in other headphones but the Diamond ones are magnetic.. Could that be a problem? put the two ear buds next to each other and feel the magnetic force!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond