PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 02:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No tethering on NEWER diamond???

I just got my Sprint Diamond today. I was using a vogue and I was using it for tethering. The internet on my diamond is working great. I installed the internet sharing fix .cab, i made sure advanced network functionality was turned off, ad I made sure my *777 network connection says "sprint" and not "sprint pcs". Still, when I open up Internet Sharing the "connect" button is still greyed out. Is it possible for my the ROM on my new diamond to not allow regedits? I also tried to put Quickmenu on here and it won't stick, no matter what I check.
PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:43 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: No tethering on NEWER diamond???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
I just got my Sprint Diamond today. I was using a vogue and I was using it for tethering. The internet on my diamond is working great. I installed the internet sharing fix .cab, i made sure advanced network functionality was turned off, ad I made sure my *777 network connection says "sprint" and not "sprint pcs". Still, when I open up Internet Sharing the "connect" button is still greyed out. Is it possible for my the ROM on my new diamond to not allow regedits? I also tried to put Quickmenu on here and it won't stick, no matter what I check.
PLEASE HELP ME!
Did you make sure to soft rest your phone after the changes were made? Also make sure that you're connecting the phone via Activesync, and not hard disk mode.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

You have to find the internet sharing fix for the diamond. It is different from the vogue fix.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work

ahhhhh,
ok - I was tying to use the fix for the vogue on the diamond. do you have that file
Old 12-19-2008, 02:58 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
ahhhhh,
ok - I was tying to use the fix for the vogue on the diamond. do you have that file
Here it is, not mine, but someone on this forum made it. Unzip and install. Works great.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Internet Sharing FIX.cab.zip (1.4 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:59 AM
THE HENCHMAN

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
You have to find the internet sharing fix for the diamond. It is different from the vogue fix.
True. I assumed he used the Diamond specific one since he didn't specify. In the even he does need the Diamond version, here ya go:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tethering.zip (1.4 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

shweeet! i will try the diamond one....
Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 AM
THE HENCHMAN

Quote:
shweeet! i will try the diamond one....
If you need any other help regarding tethering on the Diamond, I would suggest visitng this thread dedicated to just that:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37947

Good Luck!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

you guys supremely rock!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:12 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
you guys supremely rock!
Haha anytime man.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond