PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Aids

thalungz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keybo Pre-Paid onto HTC Diamond (TELUS)

Ok, I finnaly figured ALMOST everything out. I downloaded QPST, I followed the instructions to make it detect my phone. I have also made back-ups of my phone (save to file...)

Now, my ONLY problem left, is I CAN'T get my phone to work on the pre-paid plan I had before. Here is what steps I am taking exaclty:

~1.) On my Keybo I type ##TELUS and it says "open to continue" when I open it, it says "SERVICE CODE" with 6 question marks (for the code) I enter the code I got from telus when I first programmed (I saved it just in case I needed it and I am GLAD I did) after I enter the code, I get a menu that looks like this;

1. NAM 1
2. NAM 2
3. View MEID
4. Reset Phone

So, I go to NAM1 and there is 2 more options 1. MDN 2. MIN both have my phone number listed when I click on them.

Now when I go to NAM 2. there is the same thing MDN and MIN. But these 2 say 0000007006 (both say that)

Now, if I go to View MEID there is an 18 digit number.

(QUICK reminder; ALL the info above is from my keybo)

2~ I open QPST and I go to NAM1 and NAM2 and I enter in the EXACT info from my Keybo, then I press write to phone. When my phone is doen taking the write I reboot it, and then try to use it and it still says " TEN T THREE your phone is not activated please dial.... blah blah"

So, my question is; Exactly what do I need to take from my keybo and WHERE do I inject it into my Diamond.

Remember, I have gotten the phone to detect in QPST and I have access to the KEYBO's filesystem as well (via Programming code and via PC with BitPIM) so I don;t need any help with that.

Thanks ALOT for taking the time to read and (hopefully) answer my questions. I am really stuck here and I want to use this phone on my pre-paid plan, because subscribing to a monthly plan is not an option for me. Thanks again~!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thalungz is a n00b
Re: Keybo Pre-Paid onto HTC Diamond (TELUS)

There has to be someway to do this. I was already told to do everything I already did, so I know that there must be something I missed, could you PLEASE help me, or link me to a detailed tutorial on how to swap ESN's etc... I read the WHOLE GPS tutorial and that is how I learned to use QPST and get it to detect and take a backup.Please please please please, ANY info would be great! Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

What you're trying to do is illegal, and should not be discussed here. You will not get help on trying to swap ESNs here (which is what you need to do).
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

thalungz is a n00b

0.o

Oh, I guess im in the wrong place then... That's retarded. I would assumed the whole use of QPST is illegal, yet it is discussed.... Dumb, oh well, I won't be back to check replies... (as I doubt there will be any) .. meh.. thanks anyways.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:57 AM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
What you're trying to do is illegal, and should not be discussed here. You will not get help on trying to swap ESNs here (which is what you need to do).

I personally don't see anywhere in his thread about him asking to clone his ESN. Which is not something he should need to do anyways. I do see him mentioning to swap esn's, and that is something his provider needs to do for him on their system.

If he indeed is trying to clone, then I wish him good luck. no help for him here, as you said.

Thalungs:

If I am correct in your intentions. All you need to do is call the company and see if they can do an ESN change for you, and give them the 18 digit DEC on the back of the phone. It seems that you have already programed the phone for your number. That should be it to get it working for calls. You will also have to find a way to load that specific carriers PRL list into the phone for calls to work without roaming.

Good Luck

Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
I personally don't see anywhere in his thread about him asking to clone his ESN. Which is not something he should need to do anyways. I do see him mentioning to swap esn's, and that is something his provider needs to do for him on their system.

If he indeed is trying to clone, then I wish him good luck. no help for him here, as you said.

Thalungs:

If I am correct in your intentions. All you need to do is call the company and see if they can do an ESN change for you, and give them the 18 digit DEC on the back of the phone. It seems that you have already programed the phone for your number. That should be it to get it working for calls. You will also have to find a way to load that specific carriers PRL list into the phone for calls to work without roaming.

Good Luck
he was infact tyring to clone, but not for the wrong reason.

its just that telus/koodo mobile doesnt offer many devices on their system. and you cant use outside phones. So he wanted to clone the esn of his keybo on to his diamond. it may have benefits as well, but since esn cloning is a nono, this thread is a nono. and the use of qpst is not illegal for the decomposition of info.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Telus does not allow the use of smartphones on Pay and Talk, so the only way would have to been an ESN Clone.

Quote:
link me to a detailed tutorial on how to swap ESN's etc...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

a smartphone on pay and talk is useless. might as well use 2 tin cans and some string to communicate.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
a smartphone on pay and talk is useless. might as well use 2 tin cans and some string to communicate.
definetly not useless since they offer their data packages at a cheaper rate. Im not sure if he could still access data with a cloned esn since i havent done it ever lol. but o there are definetly benefits. just having a smart phone is a benefit. id rather have a diamond on prepaid that a crappy keybo

people still say that a smartphone without data is useless, well. i love my wifi

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond