PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

motox502 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond or Touch Pro

I currently have the Diamond but I really want the keyboard. How do the 2 compare besides the keyboard. Speed the same? Any problems with the Touch Pro?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Re: Diamond or Touch Pro

i have multiple pros and a diamond. theyre the same speed wise... so it's up to u whether u want a keyboard, flash for the camera, expansion slot for more memory. keep in mind the diamond has a poor amount of device memory. i barely installed anything and im already down to 12.. while i have a fully loaded pro with 80 or so left in device. might just be me but i like putting most of my apps on device to keep from any strange behavior form happening.

the diamond is really solid because it's one piece. if ur coming from a diamond the pro may seem a little less sturdy, but thats just cause it has a sliding keyboard.
goodluck deciding. u should just get both like me ha
Old 12-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
i have multiple pros and a diamond. theyre the same speed wise... so it's up to u whether u want a keyboard, flash for the camera, expansion slot for more memory. keep in mind the diamond has a poor amount of device memory. i barely installed anything and im already down to 12.. while i have a fully loaded pro with 80 or so left in device. might just be me but i like putting most of my apps on device to keep from any strange behavior form happening.

the diamond is really solid because it's one piece. if ur coming from a diamond the pro may seem a little less sturdy, but thats just cause it has a sliding keyboard.
goodluck deciding. u should just get both like me ha
Damn, 4gb of memory and only 12 left? How many apps can you possibly install?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

I've had both and came from the Vogue. Thought I would love the Pro and returned it within two days.

I didn't care for the keyboard and the increased thickness just wasn't my cup-o-tea.

The Diamond is limited by storage as you probably already know, but for my uses the 4G internal is fine.

It's really a matter of person preference, I'm fine with the Diamond and will wait for the HD to come out for the CDMA carriers before I switch to something else.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

brandonkill02 is a n00b

**** the diamond i hate it i just went from the vogue today and my vogue was alot better but then again i havent messed with it enough but i would def say go with the pro with the diamond there isnt enough space
Old 12-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
Damn, 4gb of memory and only 12 left? How many apps can you possibly install?
im talking about device storage... i barely installed anything and it was down to 12mb... the 4gb is "internal storage." i know its not exactly a "storage card" but its probably treated like one, thus causing problems with certain apps that arent too storage card friendly... thats why i was disappointed the diamond didnt have as much device storage as the pro... the 4gb internal card isnt that big of a deal.
like i said, i have 4 uis and probably 40 apps installed on my device storage on the pro and theres still 80mb left, huge difference. :/
id still recommend both phones.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:30 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the memory of the diamond was one of my deciding factors to get a pro.. that, and the sd card. i really don't know why they didn't include one, it makes no sense.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:33 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

yea u start off with 320 MB on the pros memory plus u can have 16 gig card and soon 32 GIG

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond