PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: Sprint

spiffyjiff is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
T9 quirk (beware! this is by far the least interesting thread on this forum!)

ok, fine, i'm a dork and have a stupid question about a T9 quirk. in certain apps (SMS, email, etc) T9 will capitalize the first letter of a word no matter that i have the "capitalize first letter of sentence" UNCHECKED" (yes, just thought i'd mention that before you all chime in and call me an idiot!). but in other certain apps, it WILL obey this rule and not capitalize.

quirk with the diamond??

(see? told you this thread was uninteresting and worthless...but it just bugs me)

thanks all!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: T9 quirk (beware! this is by far the least interesting thread on this forum!)

Are those words the first in a sentence?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: T9 quirk (beware! this is by far the least interesting thread on this forum!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyjiff View Post
ok, fine, i'm a dork and have a stupid question about a T9 quirk. in certain apps (SMS, email, etc) T9 will capitalize the first letter of a word no matter that i have the "capitalize first letter of sentence" UNCHECKED" (yes, just thought i'd mention that before you all chime in and call me an idiot!). but in other certain apps, it WILL obey this rule and not capitalize.

quirk with the diamond??

(see? told you this thread was uninteresting and worthless...but it just bugs me)

thanks all!
my best guess is that it's pulling words from your dictionary the way the were entered? so if you put in Obama with the 'O' capitalized, it will always autocomplete the word the same way it was originally entered? I'm stabbing in the dark like OJ on this one, but like I said that's my best guess...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Threadstarter

spiffyjiff is a n00b

tobeychris, yep, sorry - just the 1st letter of each sentence. still...annoying given that it has an option to turn it off.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vvtc is a n00b

*bump*

anyone figure out a way to not have it autocaptitalize yet?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drunkdavid69 is a n00b

I think that's not the T9, Microsoft choosing to capitalize for you. Just a feature of most of their heavy text-input apps. And sometimes it gets to me too. Some words you just DON'T want capitalized. Only way I've found to beat it is to type a letter then space then the word you actually want then go back and delete the gibberish letter and space. It doesn't annoy me so much that I'd actually bother going to look for a "fix" for it as 9 times out of ten, I DO want the first bit capitalized. Anyway, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is Microsoft or any other software designer who decides to include this feature, not your T9.

Thanks,
David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond