PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

alsosun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where can I get some of the bell cabs?

I am currently running Juicy 4.2--which I think is great. But, there are a few bell programs that I need (gps etc). I am new and don't think I should start cooking my own roms, so I wonder if someone has the bell cabs?

Also, is it possible to run gps on bell without paying the $8 a month? (I have unlimited data) I found AMaze program--does this work?

thanks a million
Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

superkev is a n00b
Re: Where can I get some of the bell cabs?

I'd like to know where to get some of these apps too. In particular, I'd like to get the Self Serve app, which tells you how much airtime you've used, billing info, etc. I know it's just a webpage of some kind that loads in Opera, but I don't know what the URL is.

Yes you can use a GPS program with your Diamond. I'm using Google Maps without any trouble, but I might also install TomTom. Space is an issue though...
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey guys, im attaching the bell self serve cab for you guys to this post.

enjoy and thank =)

for the gps nav cab, to my info it hasnt been extracted as of yet, but look forward to it in the break, i might extract some files.

ps. i have tomtom installed on my bell diamond, works flawlessly, and space is DEFINETLY not an issue for me. only take up about 700 mbs, and provides data less access to turn by turn gps. Lovin it. and its not possible to run the gps service without forking over the $8, its a paid subscription, like telenav

i used to have the $30 unlimited data, but going from the $7 unlimited (htc touch) to the $30 (htc diamond) is a huge jump. So decided to get it cancelled and now I'm using wifi, theres wifi everywhere, and tomtom works without data. so saving $30 every month.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Selfserve.zip (10.6 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mixxy; 12-17-2008 at 01:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
for the gps nav cab, to my info it hasnt been extracted as of yet, but look forward to it in the break, i might extract some files.

ps. i have tomtom installed on my bell diamond, works flawlessly, and space is DEFINETLY not an issue for me. only take up about 700 mbs, and provides data less access to turn by turn gps. Lovin it. and its not possible to run the gps service without forking over the $8, its a paid subscription, like telenav
It's not possible to use Bell's GPS service without the fee, but GPS info itself is a function of the radio in your phone, which you already paid for. So, if you have other GPS software (like tomtom, garmin, iGo, etc) there are not any fees (except buying the software - which, of course, is the free part if you use Bell's GPS service).
Old 12-17-2008, 02:10 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

On Course Navigator 8 with all canadian maps is like 100mb, awesome for space and works quite well.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:30 PM
N00b

superkev is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
i used to have the $30 unlimited data, but going from the $7 unlimited (htc touch) to the $30 (htc diamond) is a huge jump. So decided to get it cancelled and now I'm using wifi, theres wifi everywhere, and tomtom works without data. so saving $30 every month.
Thanks for the Self Serve app. That works great. Did Bell charge you to cancel your $30 Internet package? I had a sweet $30 plan that included everything... call display, message centre, 100 minutes long distance, 200 anytime minutes, unlimited Internet, no system access fees, etc., but I wanted to upgrade to a Winmo device so I don't have to carry around my Asus A696 PDA too. Also, checking mail on the mobile browser was awful. Now I've got the $45 Smartphone package with nationwide Fab 5, but I'm paying system access fee, etc. too. We really do get hosed over mobile Internet here in Canada
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkev View Post
Thanks for the Self Serve app. That works great. Did Bell charge you to cancel your $30 Internet package? I had a sweet $30 plan that included everything... call display, message centre, 100 minutes long distance, 200 anytime minutes, unlimited Internet, no system access fees, etc., but I wanted to upgrade to a Winmo device so I don't have to carry around my Asus A696 PDA too. Also, checking mail on the mobile browser was awful. Now I've got the $45 Smartphone package with nationwide Fab 5, but I'm paying system access fee, etc. too. We really do get hosed over mobile Internet here in Canada

depends on ur research man...the best plan is out there... for example

my plan has:

350 day mins
unlimited eve + wknds at 6
unlimited text msging
caller id
voicemail
1/2 price system access fee (4.50)
cd long distance at .08/m
us long distance at .10/m
unlimited mobile browser (incompatible with my diamond, but would work on the touch)

now this plan isnt NEAR what u can get in the states, but i guarantee that this is THE best plan in the market(not really in the market, its exclusive) for canadians today.

and after taxes my bill is $28.42 as long as I dont go over my allotted usage. As for being charged by bell for cancelling, yes, i was charged 100 to cancel the data since it was an ispr, but id rather pay 100 up front than pay 30 over a period of 3 years. And since i already have all those features like the text, and sys fee, there isnt a point for me to add data for 30 bucks. wifi works everywhere too.

and as for gps services. to all those that suggest that the 100mb maps are sufficient as gps programs, i strongly disagree. tomtom has so many capabalities, finds hotles/restaurants/beaches/museums/ SOO MANY MORE THINGS. plus the ability to have EVERYTHING on the map, is amazing. Many gps applications dont work in downtown since they dont input one way streets into their applications.

i almost got into an accident using IGO 8 in downtown toronto cuz i almost turned in on a one way street. not even that, but i havent encountered ONE situation in which tomtom hasnt been able to find a place i searched for. the search is simplified, the ui is simple, and overall the whole program is MUCH superior to any other gps app on the market.

Last edited by mixxy; 12-17-2008 at 07:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell
Threadstarter

alsosun is a n00b

thanks for the info and file- much appreciated. so you are saying that if i buy tomtom, i can use the gps without paying bell? i tried a free one but it couldn't connect. do i need to be using a specific rom?
thanks
Old 12-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hey alosun, pm me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 AM
N00b

superkev is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsosun View Post
thanks for the info and file- much appreciated. so you are saying that if i buy tomtom, i can use the gps without paying bell? i tried a free one but it couldn't connect. do i need to be using a specific rom?
thanks
After installing the Juicy 4.2 ROM, I thought my GPS was broken, because my GPS apps didn't work. Turns out the ROM (I think) defaults to having GPS turned off. To turn it on, go to Settings -> Phone and click on Services. Then click on Location Setting. Make sure it's enabled.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond