PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why does the Pro feel so much faster?

I had an interesting day.
My phone crapped out overnight and almost everything on the Internal Storage was corrupted or disappeared.
So I restored the phone and figured it would be a good time to get it replaced.

While waiting* I played with the demo Pro and Diamond.
Both had the same specs and SYS but the Pro responded quicker.

Probably been asked and covered but I thought I'd ask.
I found it interesting.

*I was waiting because after dropping the phone off the techs found nothing wrong as usual.
I asked to speak to a tech while loading SprintTV to heat the phone up.
They said the heat was normal so I told them It was having trouble charging too, I kinda figured it would be hot enough at that point not to be charging.
I t worked and my replacement will be here in two days (:
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 12-16-2008, 10:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Why does the Pro feel so much faster?

so when the new one gets here and has the same problems, then what?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

And to think I sold my Pro Sunday and was gonna buy a Diamond I read this kinda stuff and I lve my Vogue more and more...Guess I'll hold out for the Treo Pro!!!!LOL>>>
Old 12-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Threadstarter

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
so when the new one gets here and has the same problems, then what?
I take it back until they upgrade me to the Pro (:
I know 3 is the magic number for Assurion but I don't know about what they'd do in store.

I was gonna looking into my "premier" upgrade but strangely it's the same as everybody else's one year upgrade. I wonder what exactly makes it "premier".
Old 12-18-2008, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

ive found every pro ive got my hands on are nowhere near as fast as the diamond. just my opinion

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
ive found every pro ive got my hands on are nowhere near as fast as the diamond. just my opinion
i can pretty much agree with this statement too...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Same, but my diamond has custom roms, and the pro's didn't.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Same, but my diamond has custom roms, and the pro's didn't.
yeah i must add that as a caveat as well... stock diamond still had a slight edge over a stock TP imo though
Old 12-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Success i got mad respect for you becuase you do a decent amount for the community. But you are one bias dude. I laugh at comments like this. I have had the diamond and the pro (had the diamond until the pro was released) and my girlfriend still has a diamond. Neither one of these phones responds faster then the other they have the same damn specs lol. Now don't get me wrong with custom roms some things vary from device to device but overall they are pretty damn equal. Now to back up my calling you bias part. You were the same exact way when you had your touch and people had there mogul. True the touch had a few advantages over the mogul (which is not the case with the diamond and the pro....hardware i'm speaking of a far as ram and what not) but even still those phones were very compareable. But let you tell it the touch ran circles around the mogul lol. Quit being so bias. I'm starting to think that if you don't have it then you don't like it. i love the diamond but prefer the touch pro and it's just as fast if not faster.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division

Last edited by Young_breedent; 12-18-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7

Actually the Touch did run circles around the Mogul in Success's defense, however his brief blackberry conversion and subsequent board desertion are unforgivable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond