PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

avhokie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Battery is toast?!?

I spent last week in Europe. I had my Sprint Diamond with me. It doesn't work there of course, but I turned off all of the communications (phone, data, bluetooth, etc) and kept the phone on just for meeting reminders and alarms. It lasted 6 days and still had 80% or more power.

However, since returning it has died a quick death each day. Today, with bluetooth off, no programs running, 30 minutes of talk time, no text or surfing, it went from full charge to dead in 6 hours! I'm using a Juicy ROM and battery life has been great. What gives? Do I have to get a new battery now?!?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Battery is toast?!?

I think some/most people just got a bad batch of phones, I use stock rom and talk all the time on my phone (5-10 min here and there adding to about an hour every 6 hours) and I text/go on the net and my battery life is fine. I just put on charger during the night and its good to go for another day. Too me that isn't bad battery life if you take a look at all the things this phone can do.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

avhokie is a n00b

The thing is, my battery life was fine (as far as Diamonds go) until my trip to Europe. Now it's not just bad, but bad to the point of being defective.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you sure you didn't load anything thats working in the background that is sucking the juice?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
I spent last week in Europe. I had my Sprint Diamond with me. It doesn't work there of course, but I turned off all of the communications (phone, data, bluetooth, etc) and kept the phone on just for meeting reminders and alarms. It lasted 6 days and still had 80% or more power.

However, since returning it has died a quick death each day. Today, with bluetooth off, no programs running, 30 minutes of talk time, no text or surfing, it went from full charge to dead in 6 hours! I'm using a Juicy ROM and battery life has been great. What gives? Do I have to get a new battery now?!?
Let the phone drain all the way. Then charge it via usb cable on usb port on pc this will trickle charge the phone and you should be ok I hope.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

sandsage is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
The thing is, my battery life was fine (as far as Diamonds go) until my trip to Europe. Now it's not just bad, but bad to the point of being defective.
Have you tried a soft reset after the battery is showing a low level? If it comes back on with a higher level, then you need to recalibrate the phone for the battery by a complete drain and recharge... Without the soft reset and check, you really can't be sure the battery is truly low.

Juicy talks about this in his 4.x thread...
Old 12-16-2008, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
I think some/most people just got a bad batch of phones, I use stock rom and talk all the time on my phone (5-10 min here and there adding to about an hour every 6 hours) and I text/go on the net and my battery life is fine. I just put on charger during the night and its good to go for another day. Too me that isn't bad battery life if you take a look at all the things this phone can do.
What rom are you running?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

avhokie is a n00b

violent31601 - I am sure nothing is running in the background sucking battery

dcperdue - Thanks, I am doing that now

sandsage - I've had that happen to me before, but that is not the case now. When I was at 10 or 20% today, I did a soft reset to test the problem you are talking about, but the phone came back up at the same percentage.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BJatSprint is becoming a great contributor

Hey avhokie, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. I am sorry to hear about your battery on your Diamond. It may have been a dud, not exactly sure. I would take it into Sprint and have them look at it. If your problem still continues for whatever reason shoot me an email at BJD@sprint.com and I’ll forward it on to someone who can try to figure out the problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond