PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switching between wifi to data and vice versa

i figured out the issue, but i need a solution to the isssue.

i have my wireless router setup for static clients, my phone, 360, xbox, pc, etc etc
after setting up wifi on the phone with a static ip etc in the connections/wifi/configure network adapter/ieee 802.11 wifi adapter, wifi works and everythings peachy

but once i turn off wifi i get no data connection despite turning the phone off and on, and mucking around with comm manager.

now, i figured out why its not working but i need a solution.

once i went back to configure network adapter/ieee and set it to "server assigned..."
data works again.

so it seems like when i want wifi access i have to manually input the static ip then remove it when i want to go back to data.. wtf!
anyone have a simple solution to this hassle? do i need to turn on dhcp for the phone only or something? i would prefer the phone to have a static ip.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:36 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Switching between wifi to data and vice versa

I'd just use DHCP and save myself some hassle
Old 12-15-2008, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started

What I would do is to use the ceregeditor program (not sure of link) which downloads the Registry to the PC via activesync connection, it can look for registry changes...

Then from the phone change the connection properties to auto-assigned and use the reg editor's compare function... it can tell you exactly what registry key is used to control auto or manual ip assignments.

Then you can either create two custom cab files that will turn on and off dhcp, or write a little program in c# that does the same thing. Cab files are easier, and there's tutorials out there somewhere to do it.

I don't know if it would work, nor will I do it for you, as I happily use dhcp and see no reason to use static IPs. Good luck and let us know if you have any success!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

psweitzer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
I'd just use DHCP and save myself some hassle
You could also use DHCP and a static assignment so your phone always gets the same IP (based on your MAC address) but you don't have to mess with the IP settings on your phone...
1st HTC Vogue ( R.I.P. 09/20/2008 )
2nd HTC Vogue found a new owner 12/10/2008!
Current ROM : Caulklin
Radio : Stock Bell

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond