PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mikejames07 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Recognition

I was wondering if that smile recognition for picture taking like on the Samsung Omnia is a program that can be installed for windows mobile or is it a hardware feature. If it's available for other windows mobile phones can someone point me to it?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Smile Recognition

although i could see how it may be possible to be implemented, i haven't ran across anything like that thus far...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 12-14-2008, 11:27 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i saw the setup that bestbuy had for a camera.. me and my friend were sitting there for like 10 minutes smiling into it and taking pictures... it was kinda fun. the camera on the diamond is so slow though, that it probably wouldn't work even if it was only software related. by the time the phone was told that there was a smile, the people would have gotten bored and walked away, or maybe fell asleep. i hate trying to get people to pose for pictures with this camera, because i just look like an ******* who can't use his phone because it takes way too long.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i saw the setup that bestbuy had for a camera.. me and my friend were sitting there for like 10 minutes smiling into it and taking pictures... it was kinda fun. the camera on the diamond is so slow though, that it probably wouldn't work even if it was only software related. by the time the phone was told that there was a smile, the people would have gotten bored and walked away, or maybe fell asleep. i hate trying to get people to pose for pictures with this camera, because i just look like an ******* who can't use his phone because it takes way too long.
Mhm, there has to be some kind of fix for our camera lag. Pretty awkward pauses happen when taking pictures lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i have absolutely no hope for the camera to become any better than it already is... if you've used other htc devices, the cameras are always pretty terrible. my tilt's camera is almost as bad as the diamond/pro's, and that was never fixed... at least i have a flash(light) lol
Old 12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Threadstarter

mikejames07 is just getting started

I've had a few HTC phones, 6700, Touch, Mogul and now Diamond, the Diamond's camera is the best of them to me. Sometimes there is a delay but otherwise i haven't had a problem. I rarely use it though. Now the crap of a picture mail program is another story

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond