PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
N00b

ihbsbA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Attachment download/attaching to email

Hello, I'm new, so bear with......

I have installed SPB Phone suite, SPB Diary and SPB Pocket plus to get the look I want for my today screen. In doing so, there has been a change in the way I "Save as" when I receive a file attached to an email. I tap SAVE AS, and I'm taken to a screen with the file name and type, then directly below it, I have my file tree. (Previously, I would be taken to the entire file tree: select which folder to save in, then click ok and it would save the attachment in 2 seconds....) When I tap on MY DOCS to save it there, it highlights it, but then doesn't give me any options or a status bar. It just takes about 3 minutes to return to whatever I was doing. I can tap OK in the upper right hand corner, and my options on the softkeys are "UP" or "CANCEL". This NEVER used to take this long when saving an attachment prior to these software installations, and since I did them rather close together, I have no idea which program changed this behavior. Additionally, when trying to insert a file, doc, or pic to an email, it takes about 3 minutes to pull up the documents I can insert. I thought that all of this new software could be bogging down my Diamond, but everything else is snappy while this is happening.... I can't tell (because there is no status bar!) whether it's just a large file and it's taking additional time, or if the unit is just bogged down. When I was trying to attach a file to email it was under 100k but still took 3 minutes.

Thoughts?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ihbsbA is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Attachment download/attaching to email

FYI, this was the FILE/SAVE dialog included in SPB Pocket Plus. When enabled, it takes an incredibly long time to handle attachments..... I suggest disabling it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond