PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mario23 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocked Diamonds reportedly going dark

I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I would.
Interesting article about a problem with unlocked Diamonds...

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/un...ortedly_g.html

We’re lighting a candle today for owners of unlocked HTC Touch Diamonds. It seems that screens are going dark all over the place, and no one quite knows why, except that it isn’t a ROM issue. Gizmodo brings word from the XDA forums that a number of users are having problems, and there doesn’t appear to be a fix yet. Giz sums it up:
Worse, HTC's support system is broken as well. They're not able to fix the phones, and have been directing users to deal with carriers—which leaves people with unlocked phones effectively screwed.
That’s especially troublesome because not even the XDA wizards and all their ROM cookery have been able to track down/fix/bypass the problem. HTC, say it ain’t so. This needs to be fixed.
So what’s the word, Diamond users? Is it just unlocked phones having this problem? Anyone having trouble with their carrier-branded phones? Let us know in the comments.
Update: We're hearing that the only affected devices are those with cooked ROMs, people with official stock HTC stuff should be fine. If you have run into the backlight problem, definitely chime in and let us know what led up to your own personal darkness... on your Diamond, that is.

Hopefully experts can find a solution to this problem.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Unlocked Diamonds reportedly going dark

It mentions XDA... and I've never seen the problem here... so it's most likely a GSM problem
Old 12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Unlocked Diamonds reportedly going dark

i think this only effects GSM version of Diamond and not CDMA..!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond