PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 05:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

movax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skype 2.5 Beta - Does unwanted speakerphone live on?

Skype 2.5 Beta

Didn't see a thread in the Diamond forum, and I don't trust those sliding-keyboard using folk over in the Touch Pro forum

Going to give it a shot when I get back from work to see if I can get output on something *other* than the speakerphone.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Skype 2.5 Beta - Does unwanted speakerphone live on?

If you are having trouble getting skype to work through the earpiece, download and use nimbuzz. It is an all in one IM and VOIP program that just connects all your accounts into one spot. I use it on my Mogul, Touch, and Touch Pro with no problems. I get my Google, yahoo, and msn IMs and my skype calls ring to my phone like a regular call and go through my earpiece. Same for outgoing skype calls on my contact list. Its worth a shot - free - and easy to uninstall if you dont like.

[
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Threadstarter

movax is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
If you are having trouble getting skype to work through the earpiece, download and use nimbuzz. It is an all in one IM and VOIP program that just connects all your accounts into one spot. I use it on my Mogul, Touch, and Touch Pro with no problems. I get my Google, yahoo, and msn IMs and my skype calls ring to my phone like a regular call and go through my earpiece. Same for outgoing skype calls on my contact list. Its worth a shot - free - and easy to uninstall if you dont like.
That sounds awesome - I'll try it when I get back from work. Didn't see any mention of AIM among the networks you mentioned though
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

AIM is there - I just dont use it myself
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 for nimbuzz.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dont like skype, but tried it so i could inform u guys that unwanted speakerphone DOES live on (boo), must use headset to place calls privately.(booo) lol

Old 12-18-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

makavel is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys, have you seen this program over at XDA?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...15#post2259715

I know it says it's for the Wizard, but it totally works on the Diamond (I've tried it in both Skype and Nimbuzz). It's extremely basic, but it allows us to switch ALL audio on the phone from the speakerphone to the earpiece while the program is running. Thus, you can have a private call over the earpiece on Skype even though Skype itself doesn't support this.

Basically, you run this program, it reroutes all of your phone's audio through the earpiece, you load Skype/Nimbuzz and make your call. Afterwards, you close Skype, then close this program and everything goes back to normal. You can also load/close it while Skype is running to switch from speakerphone to earpiece on the fly.

Anyway, it's an extra step, but it does allow you to make Skype calls using only the phone's earpiece.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul (PPC6800); Touch Pro; Touch Pro2

Shahriar5252 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post

Unfortunately, nimbuzz does not work through the earpiece on my sprint mogul. It does not even have the keypad for dialing out skype calls.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work

I tried the original Troca2 and it works. It uses very small CPU time, I like it. Now the sound can come out from the earpiece when watch TV, nice.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

troca works great here! thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond