PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Tv update

Just so everyone is aware, I believe Sprint Tv has been updated. I recently went to use it and it asked me to update to a newer version. here it is but it did not install over the existing sprint tv. (might be because I am using a custom rom) in any event, give it a try.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Tv update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Just so everyone is aware, I believe Sprint Tv has been updated. I recently went to use it and it asked me to update to a newer version. here it is but it did not install over the existing sprint tv. (might be because I am using a custom rom) in any event, give it a try.
Did you close Sprint TV before attempting the install? I had no problems installing, just that the existing version couldn't be removed.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i had this update a while back and it installed fine. not sure what the diff. is though.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Did you close Sprint TV before attempting the install? I had no problems installing, just that the existing version couldn't be removed.
will try to start from scratch from a hard reset, and install as you are suggesting. Thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Much better TV pic VGA...But as mentioned want install over custom rom..Just ignore errors when installing....The older version of sprint TV will still be uninstalled.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:39 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I too was getting the error messages when installing, but I believe the update was installed. You can check what version of Sprint TV you are running by opening the application. Then pressing options and then help. Scroll all the way down by pressing the down arrow on the right side of the screen until it shows your version. New version I believe should be 1.6.4.74603. That is the version number that is in the name of the cab file. I also can't see what this updates though, it looks the same to me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Lurker

akatheone310 is a n00b

What is the version of sprint tv that comes with the phone? Then we can really know if it updated or not. I installed it on my storage card, it would not remove the previous version but it did create a new folder for sprint tv on the storage card, even though the installation was unsuccessfull.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Volume seems to always be at max.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
I too was getting the error messages when installing, but I believe the update was installed. You can check what version of Sprint TV you are running by opening the application. Then pressing options and then help. Scroll all the way down by pressing the down arrow on the right side of the screen until it shows your version. New version I believe should be 1.6.4.74603. That is the version number that is in the name of the cab file. I also can't see what this updates though, it looks the same to me.
this does show that although it says it doesnt install, my version is updated to the new one.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

This is working great, even with custom roms.....Fox Mobile even works and I could never get that to work on the old version

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond