PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Adobe Reader with Re-flow (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48179)

bparvin 12-08-2008 01:20 PM

Adobe Reader with Re-flow

I have upgraded my rom to Juicy's 4.0 Rom. In doing so I realized that the reflow option in Adobe Reader is not available anymore. I just the change log for the different releases and it seems he did not make any changes to the version of adobe.

Can anybody tell me where I can find a cab I can install and get reflow back or what I need to change to activate reflow.

I have searched the forums but none of the post actually state that reflow works. Rather than blindly try cabs I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive.

UPDATE: Well I just noticed this thread is alive so I thought I will post the fix if anybody is interested still or is searching for the fix.

The registry key HKCU\Software\Adobe\AdobeReaderLE.25 dword Enablereflow should be a 1

InvincibleLiving 12-08-2008 02:13 PM

Re: Adobe Reader with Re-flow

Thanks for bringing this up, i'm looking for the same thing!!

bparvin 12-08-2008 03:55 PM

I've tried installing Adobe Reader 2.0 for PPC but that has just caused instability and crashes when i try to open a pdf.

manxam 12-08-2008 05:10 PM

I'm quite certain that you've checked this, but is the PDF you're using Reflow-able? Only PDF files saved with certain options can be reflowed. Are you attempting to open the same file before and after the flash?

Cheers!
M

bparvin 12-08-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manxam (Post 566687)
I'm quite certain that you've checked this, but is the PDF you're using Reflow-able? Only PDF files saved with certain options can be reflowed. Are you attempting to open the same file before and after the flash?

Cheers!
M

Thanks for the response, and yes the file is "reflowable" It worked on a previous rom version. I have several files that worked in different versions, but not in the new ones.

Also the option to reflow isn't even available. Before it was always available just gray if the file wasn't tagged to be reflowed.

manxam 12-08-2008 10:47 PM

I tried.. ;) Weird that it works in other ROM revisions. Perhaps it's the new base that Juicy is using. Select Radio works perfect on all 19xxx roms but refuses to stay running on any 2xxxx rom (Despite the cook).

Ahh well, good luck!

InvincibleLiving 12-09-2008 02:09 PM

what is the build of the one that had functional reflow?

bparvin 12-09-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nautica2450 (Post 568360)
what is the build of the one that had functional reflow?

Don't know the build number, and I don't even know if it was 2.5 LE or not. I'm pretty sure it worked on the Stock Sprint Rom and it worked on Juicy 3.5.1 Rom.

bparvin 12-12-2008 05:40 PM

bump.

I am still trying to find a solution and would love some help. Searching hasn't helped me much at all.

InvincibleLiving 12-16-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bparvin (Post 568906)
Don't know the build number, and I don't even know if it was 2.5 LE or not. I'm pretty sure it worked on the Stock Sprint Rom and it worked on Juicy 3.5.1 Rom.

we should PM Juicy and ask... if it was in his rom then he'll most likely have no problem getting it to us...