PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Charging issue with new diamond

I have a new sprint diamond and love it. I just have one issue and perhaps the next rom update in q1 of 2009 will address it.

At night i plug into the phone the adapter that came with the phone and then plug my pc speakers into them and stream a radio station from www.tuned.mobi wgow while the charger is also pluged into the adapter. The phone says it is charging and verified from the progress bar and then went to sleep. When i wake up 8 hours later the phone is turned off. It seems that once the phone has reached full charge it will not run off the charger provided but rather run off the battery, thus the battery gets drained and shuts off, when it shuts off the phone then charges again. Am i the only one with this issue?

tonight i will use the adapter that came with my sprint regular touch and see if i have the same issue, i will also use my regular mini usb cord pluged into the charger into the adapter. I also did try my mini usb cord with the orginal charger and adapter but that did not change anything.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor
Re: Charging issue with new diamond

this doesn't happen to me as far as i can tell because when i charge it at night, in the morning the dpad lights are all on meaning its fully charged
Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggaboo View Post
this doesn't happen to me as far as i can tell because when i charge it at night, in the morning the dpad lights are all on meaning its fully charged
are you runninganything while charging? thats whats killing the charge, not just charging the phone.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
are you runninganything while charging? thats whats killing the charge, not just charging the phone.
i am only running internet explorer to get to the website to stream wgow radio off of www.tuned.mobi then that pulls up media player. So I am streaming but because the charger is pluged into the phone, it should use zero battery and run only off the charger as it did on my previous regular sprint touch.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:12 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

my question wasnt for you.(op) it was for the post i quoted
Old 12-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

streaming media probably drains your battery faster than your charger can keep up.

[
Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
streaming media probably drains your battery faster than your charger can keep up.
+1 plus the heat sensor is stopping the charge.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the discharge rates on these phones are very high. i haven't ran into the problem with my pro yet, but i did with the 3 diamonds i had. a combination of heat and discharge rates killed my phone while charging if it was doing ANYTHING. its ridiculous.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i tried it with the orginal adapter from the orginal touch and it seems to be working, so it must be the adapter that came with my phone.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jeffokada81 is just getting started

Any kind of internet usage such as streaming draws more juice "mah" than the charger provides inturn kills your battery slowly and will eventually ruin your batteries life span.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond