PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   OCN8 Working on Touch Diamond! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47444)

ljstevens 12-02-2008 04:43 PM

OCN8 Working on Touch Diamond!

Hi All
I have managed to get OCN8 - OnCourse Navgator 8 with the USA maps working on my Touch Diamond!
It seems people are raving about this software, hailing it better than Tomtom 7 and Garmin XT.
It looks quite complicated, but also it has a lot of cool features like a trip computer etc.

I am sure I am not able to explain how I got it working here, but if you are interested in help with this, drop me a private message and I can tell you what to do.

Lawrence

vboyz103 12-02-2008 06:07 PM

Re: OCN8 Working on Touch Diamond!

OCN8 used to be iGo8, and one thing I noticed about OCN8 is that on the touch diamond, you don't have to "prime" (using GPSViewer or the likes) the GPS before using OCN8. The software picked up my GPS instantly knowing that it uses the COM4. Whereas, when I had my Touch, I have to use GPSViewer and then launch OCN8.

I noticed same thing for Garmin Mobile XT, with this software on my old Touch, I have to turn it on, exit and relaunch for it to recognize the GPS. Not with Diamond, GPS recognized instantly which is very nice.

tobeychris 12-02-2008 06:30 PM

You don't have to prime the Diamond's GPS for any program that I've seen.

This software has been working on the Diamond for a while... but I'm sure your methods aren't quite legal:)

jimd144 12-02-2008 06:34 PM

Cool...Another thread showing how to steal something!

What a wonderful place! NOT

vboyz103 12-02-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimd144 (Post 555588)

Who's showing who to steal what?

We are just discussing about the software...do you see any links to illegal downloads? NOT

SprintTouch08 12-02-2008 10:28 PM

yeh i mean give me a break if one of you has not one spec of pirates software- PC or PPC, or a downlaoded mp3 or movie then fine, but that MIGHT be 1% of you. So lets not be hypocritical here. Its a discussion of the software not how to get it.

syanni85 12-04-2008 09:38 PM

yeah there was nothing mentioned about stealing...

got it working tho and i've definetly found my navigator! :D

rkmoray 12-22-2008 10:24 AM

How did you get it too work?
I cannot get the software to recognize my gps

bostonshaker 12-22-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimd144 (Post 555588)

Does anyone bother to read a complete post before they go off on someone?

Please get a life and hang out on Howard Forums or something. They have the master flamethrowers over there.

eman 12-22-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkmoray (Post 592907)
How did you get it too work?
I cannot get the software to recognize my gps

Depends what version of the software you are using. I am using the 8.3xxx version, which is the newest release and you need to go into one of the settings file and set GPS to port 4. Some versions let you choose it directly in the software......So it all depends.