PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lumos - New backlight app

Didn't see any mention of this yet. Hope this is not redundant news.

There is a new backlight app for HTC Diamond being developed over at XDA. Going to check it out now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Lumos - New backlight app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Didn't see any mention of this yet. Hope this is not redundant news.

There is a new backlight app for HTC Diamond being developed over at XDA. Going to check it out now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318
I just checked that out, but how does it work more smoothly than the standard backlight driver?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:49 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I just checked that out, but how does it work more smoothly than the standard backlight driver?
I just read that too, I am interested in this program.
Espically the whole, going to sleep portion. This sounds like it would help out a ton on battery life.

I am gonna take a chance and install this puppy!
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
I just read that too, I am interested in this program.
Espically the whole, going to sleep portion. This sounds like it would help out a ton on battery life.

I am gonna take a chance and install this puppy!
Let us know what you notice.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I think it is supposed to transition better as the light changes. I installed it last night and will play with it today.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I think it is supposed to transition better as the light changes. I installed it last night and will play with it today.
The ability to set the range of min and max light gives you a more subtle transition effect. I have been testing it today and it's actually kind of pleasant.

So a free backlight app that looks nice and is supposed to be better for your battery is what we are getting, which is cool with me.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Lurker

benchmark is a n00b

This program is excellent. Although it is very smooth and responsive, I think the best feature is that you can finally use the Diamond's full range of brightness. By default, the Diamond's auto-backlight ranges from 3 to 7 on a scale of one to ten. You can set this program to move between brightness levels of 1 to 10. Also, for those of you (like me) who read/surf in bed at night in near darkness, you can set a separate toggle to automatically set the backlight to the lowest level only when it detects little or no light. In that way, it'll never go too dim during the day, but it'll dim itself only when you need it to.

I've tried most of the auto-backlight hacks, and this is the first one I've seen that really works.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

I just tried it, and it sets the backlight to minimum when I'm sitting here at my desk.

I wish you could tweak the brightness settings.

Oh well. No go.

I'd love the stock brightness adjustment if it just went down to 0 in total darkness. As it is, if I'm trying to use the phone in bed or in the back seat of a car at night it's way, way too bright.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rihavens is a n00b

Just wondering, where does is the sensor on the Diamond? Does it use the camera?
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihavens View Post
Just wondering, where does is the sensor on the Diamond? Does it use the camera?
It's the little thing on the left side of the front speaker.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond