PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: sprint

FoxyLox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy black screen... please help!!!

Hi! I have a major problem with my phone. I turns it on and all I get is a black screen after the sprint logo animation loads. Long story short, I'm an idiot for tampering with things when I had no clue of what I was doing. I tried to pimp my phone by adding a few programs. After deciding that I didn't want them, I tried to delete them. Some said "error..." and did not allow me get rid of the programs. So I decided to manually delete some files so that they wouldn't run. If I couldn't, I would move the file to the .trashes folder and got rid of them. I just hope that I didn't delete anything major by accident.

*UPDATE* I think I recall deleting a WDRM file. I now see that it was a Windows Media DRM file (whatever that is). I think my problem is that Windows Mobile will not load. I get a black screen about the same time I would expect it to load. Oddly enough, I can still receive phone calls though and can actually hear my text messaging alerts when I receive them. So I guess that all else is running well.

FYI... I can't access anything on my phone other than internal storage. ActiveSync won't read my device because I can't select that option on my phone due to the black screen. I can't even hard reset it because I can't select the option to turn it off. Is there a way to repair Windows Mobile or whatever the problem is, despite these road blocks?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Last edited by FoxyLox; 11-28-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: black screen... please help!!!

you should be able to delete it from the Add/Remove programs in ActiveSync

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FoxyLox is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
you should be able to delete it from the Add/Remove programs in ActiveSync

I don't have the option of choosing ActiveSync because of the black screen. I still tried to see what happens when plugging the phone into the pc. After opening ActiveSync, it just says that the phone isn't connected.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Lurker

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hate to ask, but have you tried a hard reset? or can you can try plugging it in and go to try guessing when and where to select AS from the pop-up

Last edited by jason25; 11-28-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FoxyLox is a n00b

Quote:
Hate to ask, but have you tried a hard reset? or can you can try plugging it in and go to try guessing when and where to select AS from the pop-up

I can't do a hard reset because the option to turn my phone off won't show because of the black screen.

I've also tried guessing method. LoL ...for both turning off the phone and for AS. It doesn't work.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

sandsage is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyLox View Post
I can't do a hard reset because the option to turn my phone off won't show because of the black screen.

I've also tried guessing method. LoL ...for both turning off the phone and for AS. It doesn't work.
Have you tried removing the battery?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FoxyLox is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsage View Post
Have you tried removing the battery?

good idea

Last edited by FoxyLox; 11-28-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Lurker

What is the difference in doing a hard reset now or waiting until the battery dies? I apologize me if this comes off rude, but maybe I am missing something.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FoxyLox is a n00b

Quote:
What is the difference in doing a hard reset now or waiting until the battery dies? I apologize me if this comes off rude, but maybe I am missing something.
Wait... my brain is fried. LoL Removing the battery is genius!!!!!!!!

Last edited by FoxyLox; 11-28-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: black screen... please help!!!

This is for everyone else that may spend as many hours as I did trying to fix my HTC Diamond with Sprint service.

I have concluded that I must have flashed a GSM Rom, as I learned ppcgeeks is 99% CDMA, while XDA-developers is 85% GSM.

Diamond kept stalling in reboot then resetting on its own. Could not get past black screen with HTC Diamond writing. Tried hard reset, power+vol down+circle (enter key) hold all then push stylus in soft reset. Didn't work. Now here is your golden ticket that took me multiple hours of searching to find ~ Simply not pushing enter (circle button) hard enough to get to load back into boot screen. Pushed all buttons really hard - badabing - boot screen. Loaded juicy rom, working great
I just paste post from another member

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond