PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 05:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

c3hutson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Terrible battery issues...

Just the the diamond a few days ago and the battery is really getting on my nerves.

Using Juicy rom with data off, phone and wifi on while at work, the battery lasted like 3 hours.

Things to consider:
The phone is on roaming only at the moment.
The phone is in an area of less than good service.

How much does the amount of service play into battery drain? Does anyone have a suggestion for gathering more technical information to diagnose this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Terrible battery issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3hutson View Post
Just the the diamond a few days ago and the battery is really getting on my nerves.

Using Juicy rom with data off, phone and wifi on while at work, the battery lasted like 3 hours.

Things to consider:
The phone is on roaming only at the moment.
The phone is in an area of less than good service.

How much does the amount of service play into battery drain? Does anyone have a suggestion for gathering more technical information to diagnose this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, no matter what rom you use, your going to have poor battery life simply because you are in poor coverage area. Also, with wifi turned on constantly, this will draw the battery even more. There are many threads in this forum that cover the issues with the battery. You should definitely use the battery fix cabs that are in the threads which will help some. the other option would be to turn off beam in connections, and disable tf3d in the settings (today). Also, don't have your wifi turned on the whole time. It should really only be used for surfing the web or syncing your email.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hg
Carrier: H

unibomber is a n00b

flash the verizon radio rom in juggalo_x thread

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/Jug...0v1.03.03v.rar

Last edited by unibomber; 11-28-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

sandsage is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibomber View Post

++ on the Radio - made a big difference.

Also, it seems to help if you put the phone in "Roaming Only" mode while in weak areas - you might give that a try.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibomber View Post

that is something to consider. but there are many in the threads that feel this verizon radio does not perform well especially with gps. there are many reports of it locking up the phone in constant vibration because of incapabilities. Of course there are others that have never experienced this so it is really up to you how to proceed. I personally tried all of the radios, but really dont see any difference in signal or data speeds.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

c3hutson is a n00b

Yea I did a lot of reading on the verizon radio and I'm definitely considering that. I'm just concerned about the chance of ruining the phone if something goes wrong. I'm also not sure on the specifics of this procedure as far as restoring the programs that I have on the phone right now.

From what I understand, once I update the radio the phone resets to stock and I have to reflash with my rom (juicy) and redo all my programs. Is there a way to simply back up my phone as it is then restore it after the radio flash?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

i went to the new TP radio that Juggalo posted and I think it helped. I was seeing about 12 hours with light use then out of the blue my battery just "got better" I flashed to juicy 3.8 (has keyboard issues) and now it's been 20 hours with heavy use (bluetooth, push email every 5 minutes, beam... etc) and i have three bars.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

i found that the best way to maintain the battery is to just pull the battery out and then place the battery back in and leave the phone off when you do not want to make a call. this will make the phone last a long time.

or

just go out and purchase a mugen power 3000mhz extended battery it is only 1/4" thicker then the standard battery. I think i found one on ebay but that maybe the gsm version
Old 11-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

well i have to agree here leaving wifi on and in roaming are probably top 2 battery killers on any phone that suck the most power. Theres not much you can do to improve that other than turn wifi off, turn the phone itself off (like in flight mode), or get a AirRave from Sprint and hope thatll get you out of roaming at least.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond

RootWind is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
well i have to agree here leaving wifi on and in roaming are probably top 2 battery killers on any phone that suck the most power. Theres not much you can do to improve that other than turn wifi off, turn the phone itself off (like in flight mode), or get a AirRave from Sprint and hope thatll get you out of roaming at least.
I'm not sure it is roaming as much as it is a bad signal. Nothing burns through battery on an HTC WinMo phone like being in a basement with no signal. My Mogul gets way hotter than the Diamond strangely enough in that scenario.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond