PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Increase Battery Life without Custom ROM

I feel like I'm attached to an outlet with my Diamond.
I am running PushEffect for ONE account and I have mail2web configured as my outlook email account. I talked on the phone for 14 minutes this morning, and I haven't done anything else with my phone. I've received about 20 emails on my mail2web account and 3 or 4 on the PE monitored account. I am also running SMS Chat, but I don't think this affects my battery. I have made sure I don't have any gps programs open in the background (found that out the hard way one day, oops)

I'm dead after 5 hours.

I have my backlight settings down, I have my unit set to go off after 30 seconds..... Any other suggestions about what to change without flashing my ROM? I'm not comfortable doing that in the first 2 weeks of ownership. I have Diamond Tweak in and some configurations set..

Thanks,
Suz
Old 11-28-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mucky is becoming a great contributor
Re: Increase Battery Life without Custom ROM

Check this out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=battery+fix

The value should be changed to 20000.
You will need some king of registry edit tool to do this.
PHM Regedit is a good one and can be downloaded here http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Good Luck
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

WOW thank you mucky! that's a great thread.....there's so much info out there it's so hard to weed through all the pages of threads. I guess that's what a message board is for Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

also turn off your beam in setting-connections. I found that active sync is a tremendous battery draw and have mine set to sync every hour while at work instead of as items arrive. I noticed a tremendous improvement in battery life doing this.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

Yeah something is up with my Active sync... my recipients are getting two and three copies of my mail, so I watched it today....... it sat there and said "downloading" for 10 minutes while trying to pull down a picture I had tapped on...... then I watched it again during a retrieval and it took FOREVER at "connecting".....argh
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
Yeah something is up with my Active sync... my recipients are getting two and three copies of my mail, so I watched it today....... it sat there and said "downloading" for 10 minutes while trying to pull down a picture I had tapped on...... then I watched it again during a retrieval and it took FOREVER at "connecting".....argh
thats strange.. I had issue with active sync when trying to set up my corporate mail. Was getting security certificate errors but finally figured that out. It always seems to be one thing or another. Oh well. I just know that initially I was using the active sync to sync as items arrive and my battery life was really bad. Now, with the battery cab fix, beam off, active sync less frequently, I still have about 50-60% battery after 10hrs. I can live with charging every night. Also, I still use data a good amount during the day but not many calls.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thats strange.. I had issue with active sync when trying to set up my corporate mail. Was getting security certificate errors but finally figured that out. It always seems to be one thing or another. Oh well. I just know that initially I was using the active sync to sync as items arrive and my battery life was really bad. Now, with the battery cab fix, beam off, active sync less frequently, I still have about 50-60% battery after 10hrs. I can live with charging every night. Also, I still use data a good amount during the day but not many calls.
Would you be referring to the battery cab that changes the registry settings for battery polling from 5000 to 20000? I haven't installed that yet. I was afraid it was just changing how often the device looks at the battery life left, and therefore reporting falsely since it doesn't update as often, but I have read that people swear by it......
Old 11-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz416 View Post
Would you be referring to the battery cab that changes the registry settings for battery polling from 5000 to 20000? I haven't installed that yet. I was afraid it was just changing how often the device looks at the battery life left, and therefore reporting falsely since it doesn't update as often, but I have read that people swear by it......
not that one. there is another one floating around in the threads that is a 3 in one cab. battery fix, tethering, and roam only. I use this one although I never tether. it does help with battery life and is useful if you are in a poor coverage area to be able to select roam only.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hg
Carrier: H

unibomber is a n00b

i put the verizon radio rom on and that increased my battery life 10x

not a custom rom either

Last edited by unibomber; 11-28-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue/diamond/hero/evo
Carrier: sprint

trakas is keeping up the good worktrakas is keeping up the good work

I changed baterry poll on sprint stock rom abuot month ago and noticed much more heat on bottom of the phone -and no any improovment on battery live...so reverted it back.
since that time i did some reading ,and instaled sprint touch pro radio and msr 3.0 rom.This rom has battery poll changed,but i see no heat isues now.Battery runs 1 or 2 days now.Huge improovment.
You can instal radio from internal storage,no need hard reset.Its not so hard to do that for new people like me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond