PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0
Carrier: SPRINT

TECHNOLLIC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Diamond Stylus Magnet

Has this happened to anyone?
The other day I was putting the stylus back in my touch diamond & it was really a tight fit, so I took it back out to see what was the problem. I saw a little black strip that I thought was a piece of paper, so I shook the diamond until I got it out. It wasn't paper, it was the magnetic strip that keeps the stylus in. My sprint store is closed for the holiday so i will take it in tomorrow to see if they can put it back in.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Touch Diamond Stylus Magnet

your not alone, ive seen other people here have the same problem. hope that helps.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

TECHNOLLIC is a n00b

What was done about it? Was the tech at the sprint store able to repair it or did they have to send it away?
Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHNOLLIC View Post
What was done about it? Was the tech at the sprint store able to repair it or did they have to send it away?
hoping you wouldnt ask that. im not sure. ill look for the link for ya.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

well, it took 4 months but it finally happened to me. i was able to put the magnet back in its place and it worked fine for about a week. now every day it comes loose. i took it to the sprint store this evening and they said they could not fix it and would order me a new phone. i have the equipment protection plan so there is not going to be a charge. which i would think there should not be even if you did not have the protection plan. this is definately a design flaw. simple adhesive is the only thing keeping the magnet in place. actually it looks to be a really simple fix if there was some way to disassemble the phone and be able to have access into the housing where the magent sits. if it is possible to have access then a little superglue should do the trick. anyone conquered this problem on their own yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond