PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep Diamond or go to Pro?

Are there any reasons for me to stay with my current Touch Diamond or would it be better to go to the Touch Pro? So I'm wondering of any incentives the Diamond has that would make me stay with it over the Pro because I thought the two devices were near identical.

Slmclarengt
Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Keep Diamond or go to Pro?

i have both and use the pro way more than the diamond. its a mem. issue for me. i dont even use the hard kb either which is a selling point for some. tp has the sd card, big plus.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just get the Touch Pro, then at least you have the keyboard even if you don't use it. Plus you have the option to have more than 4GB of storage. You can pick up 8GB cards now for under $30 (got mine for $19.99 shipped).

Old 11-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

depends if you want to carry a larger phone or not. Its not much larger on paper but trust me in the hand there is a decent difference in feel and weight. Its personal preference but i found the Pro a touch too heavy and felt a lot bulkier than the Diamond despite the dimensions on paper.

Also i found the build quality of the Pro to be inferior compared to the Diamond's on 4 different Pro's. I eventually gave up and returned it, refusing to pay $270+2 years for something with poor build quality (raised dpad, chrome flaking off, poor quality earpiece, loose slider). All documented problems in the Pro section and dont let Pro fanboys tell you otherwise or that there is no problem, read for yourself- getting a "good one" is a total toss up.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 11-27-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

mattaspira is a n00b

Since you're with Sprint they use the same amount of RAM for both phones. This was the determining factor in my choice, I wanted the pro for more ram only, I don't use more than 4GB space and the touch keyboard is a lot easier to use for me, but I'm used to touch phones.

The only thing I would want the keyboard for is, I play games on the diamond a lot and with no keyboard it sucks to play some games since there is very limited space. But that's the only thing I don't mind.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

dbenson32 is a n00b

I'm may be mistaken, but isn't the pro not capable of FM Radio?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800- Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

albertats is a n00b

Both have the built in FM radio.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertats View Post
Both have the built in FM radio.
the one on the tp is diabled. only speaking on tp. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43157
Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

AngryCPA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
depends if you want to carry a larger phone or not. Its not much larger on paper but trust me in the hand there is a decent difference in feel and weight. Its personal preference but i found the Pro a touch too heavy and felt a lot bulkier than the Diamond despite the dimensions on paper.
This was the main thing for me as well. They are similar sizes on paper, but when you compare the two in your hand, there is a huge difference. After 5 years of carrying around Treos, I didnt want to carry around another brick in my pocket.

The only thing that had me wanting the TP was the removable memory. I honestly hate the idea of the fixed 4GB vs having expandable memory but ive been able to deal with it thus far. I figure if I need more music or videos, I can just stream online with ORB.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

tomemail is just getting started

I had the Pro and switched to the Diamond. Very happy now!

The Diamond is basically the same as the Pro if you don't have an issue without a slide out keyboard. The big deal for me was the size. I know the units don't measure that much difference, but their is a huge difference.

The Diamond is almost identical in size to the BB Pearl and the it's a bit thicker (slightly) than a Moto V9M, but the Moto is actually longer and wider!

I love this phone and 4 gb is more than I've ever used on a phone even with my company's db on it, by almost 2x.

Pro has the card program, micro sd slot, slide out kb, video out and soft reset on the outside.

I actually have found the Diamond to be a much more solid device all the way around...
-No creaking in your hand
-Clear earpiece sound and mine is much louder than my Pro was
-Much smaller, especially the feel of it
-My Diamond is much snappier with stock ROM than my Pro was and batt life is way better
-No silver on the sides, it's a shiny black (I like it a lot better)
-The camera seems like it catches more vivid details in pics
-Alarm works the way it's supposed to
-My Diamond has obvious better screen touch response on the corners where the Pro was not sensitive enough on edges at all and overall much better

My only down side to the Diamond, would be the maroon back, but I'm actually getting used to it and may even prefer the color soon.

Boy that got long!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond