PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see this app released?
yes 75 79.79%
i don't care 14 14.89%
no, its a waste of kb 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: telus

meetdave is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disco D-Pad

is there any .cab or even reg edits, that allows you to change the sequence of flashing lights on the d-pad for a text message, incoming call, email, charging.... etc.

it would be cool if an there was an app that let you choose what lit up, when, and for how long. (on the d-pad, of course - for the touch diamond, touch pro)

p.s. i did search, and i'm not looking for juggalo's notification enhancements app... even though its amazing in itself, its not what i'm going for( but thanks juggalo - you've produced some great stuff)... im also not looking for anything that will change the colors... just the patterns of the white LEDs on the d-pad.

thank you in advance!

Last edited by meetdave; 11-26-2008 at 08:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Disco D-Pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetdave View Post
is there any .cab that allows you to change the sequence of flashing lights on the d-pad for a text message, incoming call, email, charging.... etc.

it would be cool if an there was an app that let you choose what lit up, when, and for how long. (on the d-pad, of course - for the touch diamond, touch pro)

p.s. i did search, and i'm not looking for juggalo's notification enhancements app... even though its amazing in itself, its not what i'm going for( but thanks juggalo - you've produced some great stuff)... im also not looking for anything that will change the colors... just the patterns of the white LEDs on the d-pad.

thank you in advance!
im not sure, but i think nueled used to do it on the vogue, maybe an application like such exists for the diamond as well

Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

nuelued? you mean no2chem? btw, the one for the vogue won't work for the Diamond as the hardware is different.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i would love some more suggestions...i think this is a very cool app.

i would love input on how it could be done and the problems that one would face developing it. if there isn't this app out there maybe one of the dev-gods here (*cough* no2chem). and of course the many other "famous" devs (you know who you are, i can't try to coax you all into helping me), can toss some info or input this way.

help a muggle out..?

Last edited by meetdave; 11-26-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

does anybody know about the driver that controls the LEDs on the D-Pad?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Carrier: Sprint

Cellfreak is keeping up the good workCellfreak is keeping up the good work

Is this what your looking for? I remember doing something like this on an older Motorola and a Nexteli i730.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39832
Check out my Moto Q Photoshow
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8209
Old 11-29-2008, 10:19 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

no thats different

Old 11-29-2008, 08:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

i know that its possible to make this, i just don't have the ability to do it myself.. so really, any input would help. the best way to get something like this started is to get a starting point... like

what drivers control the sequence for the LEDS.
does the sequence have to be hardcoded in?
etc

anything really...

the reason i want to see this app made because its:
A) aesthetically pleasing
B) is another step towards making the diamond/tp a totally customizable, its like being able to edit your manilla... sure its not necessary, but people still want it right?

just state something that you think might contribute,
nueled by no2chem is something worth noting.. it apparently works on the tp, but still just doesn't do what im asking.... yet.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the biggest reason i want it is so that i can assign it to custom events, such as the light being SOLID if your phone is about to die, flashing for a missed call, fading for charging, and flashing rapidly 3-4 times for a new txt or email...

this could be very very useful
Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I would love this! I wand the lights to stay on when my phone is on. NEVER SHUT OFF!

And at the same time, we could maybe find a way to have the screen stay off on SMS arrival

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond