PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Disco D-Pad (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46596)

meetdave 11-26-2008 05:45 AM

Disco D-Pad

is there any .cab or even reg edits, that allows you to change the sequence of flashing lights on the d-pad for a text message, incoming call, email, charging.... etc.

it would be cool if an there was an app that let you choose what lit up, when, and for how long. (on the d-pad, of course - for the touch diamond, touch pro)

p.s. i did search, and i'm not looking for juggalo's notification enhancements app... even though its amazing in itself, its not what i'm going for( but thanks juggalo - you've produced some great stuff)... im also not looking for anything that will change the colors... just the patterns of the white LEDs on the d-pad.

thank you in advance!

mixxy 11-26-2008 06:52 AM

Re: Disco D-Pad

Quote:

Originally Posted by meetdave (Post 543651)
is there any .cab that allows you to change the sequence of flashing lights on the d-pad for a text message, incoming call, email, charging.... etc.

it would be cool if an there was an app that let you choose what lit up, when, and for how long. (on the d-pad, of course - for the touch diamond, touch pro)

p.s. i did search, and i'm not looking for juggalo's notification enhancements app... even though its amazing in itself, its not what i'm going for( but thanks juggalo - you've produced some great stuff)... im also not looking for anything that will change the colors... just the patterns of the white LEDs on the d-pad.

thank you in advance!

im not sure, but i think nueled used to do it on the vogue, maybe an application like such exists for the diamond as well

abovelegit 11-26-2008 09:19 AM

nuelued? you mean no2chem? btw, the one for the vogue won't work for the Diamond as the hardware is different.

meetdave 11-26-2008 07:43 PM

i would love some more suggestions...i think this is a very cool app.

i would love input on how it could be done and the problems that one would face developing it. if there isn't this app out there maybe one of the dev-gods here (*cough* no2chem). and of course the many other "famous" devs (you know who you are, i can't try to coax you all into helping me), can toss some info or input this way.

help a muggle out..?

meetdave 11-27-2008 12:40 AM

does anybody know about the driver that controls the LEDs on the D-Pad?

Cellfreak 11-29-2008 10:06 AM

Is this what your looking for? I remember doing something like this on an older Motorola and a Nexteli i730.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39832

hibby50 11-29-2008 10:19 AM

no thats different

meetdave 11-29-2008 08:34 PM

i know that its possible to make this, i just don't have the ability to do it myself.. so really, any input would help. the best way to get something like this started is to get a starting point... like

what drivers control the sequence for the LEDS.
does the sequence have to be hardcoded in?
etc

anything really...

the reason i want to see this app made because its:
A) aesthetically pleasing
B) is another step towards making the diamond/tp a totally customizable, its like being able to edit your manilla... sure its not necessary, but people still want it right?

just state something that you think might contribute,
nueled by no2chem is something worth noting.. it apparently works on the tp, but still just doesn't do what im asking.... yet.

mixxy 11-30-2008 02:07 AM

the biggest reason i want it is so that i can assign it to custom events, such as the light being SOLID if your phone is about to die, flashing for a missed call, fading for charging, and flashing rapidly 3-4 times for a new txt or email...

this could be very very useful

[sammich] 11-30-2008 09:28 PM

I would love this! I wand the lights to stay on when my phone is on. NEVER SHUT OFF!

And at the same time, we could maybe find a way to have the screen stay off on SMS arrival