PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch, Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Unplugged is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Confusion

Okay, I have spent a number of hours searching for an answer and I am still confused. If any of you have some suggestions or opinions, it would be appreciated.

I have searched for a duplicate battery for my Sprint Diamond. I have found a replacement from Seidio that supposedly offers more life (1500 mAh vs. OEM 1340 mAh). http://www.seidioonline.com/ShoppingCart.asp?

I have found the official HTC extended version offered to GSM Diamonds (for about the same price as Siedio's) that appears to be the same HTC battery used by Sprint (1340 mAh). http://www.expansys-usa.com/p.aspx?i=166204 But I am not sure. Can anyone give me the model # used for replacement HTC Sprint batteries?

Also, the extended GSM version comes with a diamond back that should fit the Sprint phone but it states that the cover does not fit the Sprint. (Thus suggesting that the battery does.) However, another post stated that the GSM extended battery cover does fit the Sprint. (This makes sense because the Sprint has the extended GSM battery to begin with.)

In short, does ANYONE know where to get official HTC batteries (not on eBay) for the Sprint phone? Are there any other battery deals that look good out there? (I ask this because I would think with the battery usage on this phone, it makes sense to have a few backups around.)

Is the Seidio battery good? Has anyone had experience with it?

Does it make sense to order the HTC battery offered by Expansys and try the battery cover?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff
Re: Battery Confusion

GSM battery covers DO NOT fit on the CDMA Diamond.

There was a post about this not too long ago - seach it out on the forum.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

here's a post worth checkin out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=battery
Old 11-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch, Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Unplugged is a n00b

I appreciate your response, Smokin. Remember, I am not referring to the original GSM battery cover. I am referring to the extended GSM cover. Here is the string where the poster states the extended GSM cover DOES fit the Sprint Diamond. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...battery&page=2
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

Flibmeister is keeping up the good workFlibmeister is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplugged View Post
In short, does ANYONE know where to get official HTC batteries (not on eBay) for the Sprint phone?
Yup. Direct from HTC, they run $39.99 plus delivery, total charges were almost $45. From the US, you can call 'em at 866-449-8358, they'll transfer you to the right department to place the order.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond