PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Long Con is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Missing elements?

Am I the only one whose HTC Touch Diamond doesn't have GPS and FM Radio?

And who or what is 'Juicy'?
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Missing elements?

Wow... you should leave now.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Long Con is a n00b

That's for the Juicy thing, isn't it?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:33 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

aww tobey, cut him a little slack, haha.

Read around the diamond upgrades sub-forum; specifically the part on how to:unlocking, relocking and flashing your ROM (read only memory).

I just taught myself how to get gps and fm radio going this weekend through flashing a new ROM. It's pretty easy as long as you follow the steps and don't get frustrated if it doesn't work.

I tried both Juicy's latest and mighty mike's latest. Personally I prefere mighty 2.7 as it seams to have no bugs.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Long Con is a n00b

Thanks, briggs. I knew I was being a bit intentionally newbish with the Juicy question - I had put it together myself already whilst reading various threads - it's just that everyone references it, but I didn't know where it came from... ha ha or whether Juicy was a user who programmed it, or a 'brand name', or what?

I'm a little scared to 'flash a new ROM'... is it like formatting my Windows XP hard drive and installing Linux?

And more importantly - are you telling me that my Touch Diamond DOES have GPS, but I just can't access it right now?? (And, of slightly lesser importance, FM radio?)
Old 11-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Con View Post

And more importantly - are you telling me that my Touch Diamond DOES have GPS, but I just can't access it right now?? (And, of slightly lesser importance, FM radio?)
YES !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond