PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with contacts please

few weeks ago i somehow managed to erase all of my contacts off of windows live/ messenger i guess. they remained on my phone but on messenger. so i manually added each one to windows live. it was all good i got my contact list back. then i did some more maintenance work, got some more numbers, but i noticed few days after that i had duplicate contacts. there was updated and non updated version, one with windows live/messenger icon and with outlook. i flashed juicy 3.6 now, did pim backup and still the same thing. it pissed me off and i deleted my contacat list, but that screwed me and erased my messenger contacts. however i still have them in pim backup so i restored it once more and now everything is fine. the contacts are as they should be, names and numbers updated, but is there a way to sync them to windows live? i want to add them to my messenger, it is my contact list after all. i dont want to click each contact and press add to windows live. any help?
i tried select all contacts andadd to windows live but it only adds one ata time
Old 04-23-2009, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

berniebennybernard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with contacts please

Bump, I have the same problem.

Everything was fine, but I flashed to stock and reflashed back to Mighty 4.8. yesterday (anticipating for Mighty 5). Nothing was unusual, everything was normal, but when I was at work today, I only had 8 contacts on my Windows Live Messenger. I tried syncing multiple times using Windows Live, but I couldn't get all my contacts back on mobile messenger (which are also stored on my phone's contact list and backed up with PIM). When I got home, I found out that almost all my contacts were deleted except for those that were there earlier through mobile messenger.

Now I deleted all my contacts, resynced, and my entire MSN contact list is wiped. So I used PIM backup, restored my contacts, tried syncing again, but for some annoying and frustrating reason (I am actually angry right now), my phone won't sync those missing contacts to my Live account. I'm left to manually add them all, but about 30 contacts in, my phone keeps saying Windows Live is unable to add this contact due to lack of connectivity even though there is no problem. FML.
Quote:
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994

Last edited by berniebennybernard; 04-23-2009 at 04:20 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond