PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

kennya is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My phone won't stop text messaging people

When I send out a text message, everything seems okay at first, but then a few minutes later it gives some network error "would you like to retry?". I click NO but the message will pop up again asking the same question. While I keep clicking NO, I'll be sending the same text message to that person 15x times.

And it'll keep spamming them even the next day.

Anyone else have this problem? I've only experienced this recently...

I've tried both Juicy 3.4 ROM and MSR 2.5 ROM....both having the same error, but I'm not sure if it's the ROM or something else.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: My phone won't stop text messaging people

That almost sounds like a problem on the network side of things. It is strange, and the fact that it persists with different roms, also points me to the network. have you called your provider to make sure all is hunky dory on their end?
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-19-2008, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kennya is a n00b

I haven't called TELUS yet... just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tbakergobuck is a n00b

I just had the duplicate text message issue yesterday after flashing the juicy rom 4.4. Let's just say a few of my friends are a bit annoyed with me. My wife's phone never had any issues. I had to call Sprint and have them block my text messaging. After going through that I'm back to my stock rom.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ilestdevil is a n00b

Im having this problem too but in the juicy 4.4 rom as well it didn't happen as much in previous roms.To many people being annoyed =[. One thing that reduced this is not use the roaming feature and just stick with your basic service.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
fay
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond->Touch Pro

fay is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennya View Post
When I send out a text message, everything seems okay at first, but then a few minutes later it gives some network error "would you like to retry?". I click NO but the message will pop up again asking the same question. While I keep clicking NO, I'll be sending the same text message to that person 15x times.

And it'll keep spamming them even the next day.

Anyone else have this problem? I've only experienced this recently...

I've tried both Juicy 3.4 ROM and MSR 2.5 ROM....both having the same error, but I'm not sure if it's the ROM or something else.
I experienced the same problem. After flashing to a new ROM my phone continuallsent the last message over and over again. I ended up having to call Sprint and have the disable the phone, in order to get the messages to stop being sent.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

tbakergobuck is a n00b

I wonder if it's just one Rom that people are having the issue with? I'm thinking maybe I forgot to do a hard reset or for some reason it just didn't do a hard reset. When I flashed the Rom there might have been text messages left on the phone. I flashed back to the Sprint Rom and then I decided to try another Rom. So far I'm not having any issues.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

mreastwood is a n00b

I have the same problem and i use the touch my peoples tell me why am i texting them at 1,2,3,4 in the morning even if i delete my drafts and i have the win 6.1 rom from sprint. This problem started for me about a month ago I think its the network also.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

open up ur text messaging window, and use the dropdown menu to goto "sent messages"

if the screen doesn't load (sort of freezes), i've had this happen to me. Every time i rebooted my phone it would send a batch of text messages all over again, every single time, even when i finished from a phonecall.

Hard reset fixes this.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

SE-R Dizzle is a n00b

this is a network issue... happened a couple weeks ago to me and some friends on telus... me with my diamond it was giving me this error and a few other friends with telus on blackberry's were also getting this problem it says the messages arent going through but they are... i informed telus of the problem and it was fixed a few hours later all was back to normal

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond