PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vashwood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Connect to Car Stereo

I currently have my phone connected to my car stereo using the car's 3.5mm line-in so I can listen to mp3s and last.fm.

I also thought that I'd also be able to use it as a hands-free kit since I'd be able to listen to the audio through the speakers, but I noticed that the phone's mic seems to be turned off when it thinks there are headphones connected?

Is there anyway around this so I can just speak into my phone with it plugged into the stereo's line-in?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vashwood is a n00b
Re: Connect to Car Stereo

Sorry. Mods, can you please move this to the "touch pro" section?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

At leat with my Diamond I have noticed that this works randomly. You can test this by going into Voicemail and trying to record your spoken name so you can test the results...

I have managed to use my diamond while hooked up to the car stereo, make a call into voicemail and record my name and it works but my voice sounds a bit to distant. But if during a call I disconnect it and reconnect it you won't be able to hear your voice through the built in mic and if you end that call the mic wont work again until you disonnect and reconnect the adapter without any audio playing or any calls in progress. It works but the quality of the mic isn't so great if you're to far away from the phone. At leat I've noticed this working on some custom ROMs, couldn't be sure if it works on the Stock ROM or any specific ROM, I know I tested it on my own custom ROM using the latest kitchen modules and it sort of worked.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had the same trouble...

Eventully I got annoyed enough to buy this jabra blueooth speaker phone/fm transmitter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...BRA-_-75999335

The audio is not quite as high quality as a 3.5mm jack but it does the trick, and makes answering a call/playing music quite seamless and safe while driving.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsibarra72 is just getting started

I have also been trying to make this work and I finally decided I needed a special cable for the mic and no headphones, attatching the headphone side to the aux input of the stereo, I could be wrong and not work at all but if I cant find one I will try making it using the headphones from my mogul. Ill let you guys know how that turns out.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

batcatman is just getting started

To the OP: How well does last.fm works for u? I get a usual 10-15 secs buffering time, I am using the wm prgram listed on last.fm, and usually listen to radio, but buffering takes tooo long!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SPrint

JaxDreamFunding is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to JaxDreamFunding Send a message via MSN to JaxDreamFunding

I use the Motorola T505. It has a built in FM transmitter and works with the phone and with Media Player. The sound quality is great on the phone as well as in Media Player. I got mine at Best Buy.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

There is another way. take your OEM headphones (or buy a set online), cut off the earbuds, then go to RadioShack, and if you can solder buy a 274-858 1/8" Stereo plug, if you can't solder buy a 274-869 1/8" Stereo plug and SHAZAM aux cable with mic.

Also, if you prefer to use your own AUX cable (or would rather make a headphone adapter with mic instead of an AUX cable) buy a 274-274 1/8" Stereo Female plug. (solder only.)

Either way, the plug should be under four bucks. There will the three terminals in the plug, the longer one is the ground.
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vashwood is a n00b

nttdemented: i tried that method. I tried leaving myself a voicemail and it didn't detect it. So I'm guessing the best method would be using another wire w/ a mic and have it connected to the steering wheel?

batcatman: last.fm is 'ok'. I have the buffering issue. But the developer is saying that it should be resolved in the next release, which should be soon.

JoeBobOneHalf: I'll look into what you described. So, for the earbuds...I cut off both and connect one wire to that 1/8" plug. What goes in the other wire? Are you using the headset that comes w/ the phone?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsibarra72 is just getting started

here is a pic of what I acually built. I tried it out with great success. total of 4 bucks for the jack from radio shack. I used the mogul earphones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond