PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint diamond
Carrier: sprint

steve1173 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Storage Memory

On my Sprint Diamond how do you move items from the storage memory (not internal storage) to the internal storage. I have some ringtones, pictures & programs there & it shows 95.5 mb available, 95.3 in use with only .2 mb left. Keep getting low memory warnings. I synched with my pc but cannot find the storage memory area.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

batcatman is just getting started
Re: Storage Memory

same issue here, any input guys?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Use Total Commander or Resco. Storage memory is everything that is not ROM or Internal Storage listed in Resco or TC.

1) Install as many apps to Internal Storage as you can.

2) If you don't use TeleNav, remove it--it will buy you a few MBs.

3) If you don't need the Touch Mobile Guide, remove it from \windows directory, along with the HtmlViewer.exe and TelenavPlugin.dll (from #2). Together, they will yield around 10 MBs. I simply moved them as backup to my Internal Storage, to be moved back should I chose.

4) Default your picture storage to Internal Storage through camera menus.

5) Memmaid and SKTools allow you to move .dlls, IE cache/cookie, temp files and more to Internal Storage. If you are brave and resourceful, they are simply reg hacks that can be found and applied.

6) Change the Opera cache to Internal storage via Opera:Config

7) There are other apps that you can remove (such as Sprint TV) and reinstall to Internal Memory--look for .cabs

There are many other ways I've found to reduce the Storage Memory footprint, the above should get you started. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

verngator is just getting started

You may also want to verify that your internal storage is working correctly. In some cases the user does not have access to the actual internal storage and many be installing files to a folder with the same name but not a separate drive.

When you browse through the folders using File Explorer (or other methods), does your Internal Storage folder have a little black icon to indicate that the Internal Storage is recognized as a separate drive? If not, you may have the problem. If you have been installing programs to a folder without the little black icon, you have been filling up your storage memory with files, and that would explain why your remaining storage memory is so low.

Try this - go to Settings -> System -> Memory ->Storage Card tab. Does the tab say "Not Installed"? If so, your Diamond is not recognizing the Internal Storage memory correctly. Here is a very long discussion of the problem -

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37485

HTC has posted a fix. The fix is posted here:

http://www.htc.com/us/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=148&act=all

If that doesn't work for you, you will need to format the drive from a computer, which is discussed in the thread. I went that route myself before I figured out that there was a hotfix.

Hope this helps - many newbies like me have been experiencing low/out of memory error message because we are not actually utilizing the Diamond's Internal Storage drive.

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650-> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond -> Sprint Hero -> Sprint EVO + tech support for spouse's Sprint Epic
Old 12-28-2008, 12:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 for moving cache and memmaid. http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/ also delete the user guide folder in windows, big hog.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond