PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:20 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Auto Screen Rotation on Text?

I know that there are programs and things out there that will rotate the screen on text messaging but I am not very happy with them. Is there anyway to have the screen just rotate automatically as soon as text messaging is selected? Thanks.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor
Re: Auto Screen Rotation on Text?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I know that there are programs and things out there that will rotate the screen on text messaging but I am not very happy with them. Is there anyway to have the screen just rotate automatically as soon as text messaging is selected? Thanks.
http://gyrator.brins0.net/
Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Like i said, I have tried all of the programs. Specifically the one that you are posting. Gyrator is buggy and I wasnt happy with it. I just want the screen to automatically rotate as soon as I open texts. Similar to the instinct that sprint sells, it automatically goes landscape when texting is selected.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

DoctorDex is a n00b

I agree Gyrator is definitely buggy, especially when resuming from standby. I'm in for the same fix.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:13 AM
N00b

DoctorDex is a n00b

Nevermind figured it out. See this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=55 for instructions.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Thanks for the post. I decided to just use the long press send key that is included in juicys roms. Works great and I can rotate any program. Plus, once the program is exited, it automatically rotates back to portrait. Something gyrator struggles with.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:55 AM
N00b

DoctorDex is a n00b

I think I'm going to follow your lead. I followed the instructions that I linked to above and it seemed to work for all of one day before it started getting stuck in landscape mode.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Thanks for the post. I decided to just use the long press send key that is included in juicys roms. Works great and I can rotate any program. Plus, once the program is exited, it automatically rotates back to portrait. Something gyrator struggles with.
What if you don't want to flash your rom? I know there's a post somewhere that has the simple CAB to use for assigning the "long send press" for screen rotation but I can't find it (I know I saved the thread but I can't find it!)..I heard gyrator eats the battery very quickly..
Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Yeah gyrator still needs some work. Now I dont know that the long press send key is specific to juicys or any rom for that matter. Try this and tell me if it works for you. Go to Start-> Settings-> Personal-> Buttons. Now the first thing you should see is the long press send key, select the drop down box and look for <Rotate Screen>, select it and then hit OK up in the corner. Go to any program you wanna put in landscape and hold the send key.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Lurker

kelly.bowers is a n00b

I think the .cab file he was talking about a few posts up is what is responsible for putting the <rotate Screen> there because I do not have the option to assign the send key to that action.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond