PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updating roms

is it possible to simply update a rom without reflashing it? it gets very tedious to flash a rom, set up my contacts, add pictures, get teh config how i want it, and then shortly new rom comes out and having to reflash. can i update the rom without actually flashing one, add new features of the next version of my rom?

if you can't, is there a back up program that will completely restore my settings. stuff i tweaked with tweak diamond, contact info, like pic, ringtone, and other such things.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Updating roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
if you can't, is there a back up program that will completely restore my settings. stuff i tweaked with tweak diamond, contact info, like pic, ringtone, and other such things.
Yep, try SPB Backup (www.spbsoftwarehouse.com). It will allow you to b/u as much or as little of your device as you want. I've been using it for well over a year w/ no issues. It's not free, but worth the cost

Old 11-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
is it possible to simply update a rom without reflashing it? it gets very tedious to flash a rom, set up my contacts, add pictures, get teh config how i want it, and then shortly new rom comes out and having to reflash. can i update the rom without actually flashing one, add new features of the next version of my rom?

Pretty much no for each. You really don't want to restore a backup over a new ROM version, especially registry entries. Doing a backup and restore of just the contacts, pics, ringtones, text messages, etc would be okay, just don't restore the registry.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

i wasn't thinking of restoring registry. just my customizations that take a while. i dont mind doing the diamond tweak every flash, but the contacts, ringtones and all that is jut annoying

i guess i will go for that sbp backup

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond