PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Lurker

rbfatality is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Youtube briefly skips frames every few seconds in High-Quality mode. Very annoying...

Network is not the problem, as I have fully buffered the clip. And it only happens for high-quality playback. The bottleneck is on CPU/Windows Mobile?

My friend's iPhone plays back very smoothly under high-quality for the same clip.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work
Re: Youtube briefly skips frames every few seconds in High-Quality mode. Very annoyin

I wish I knew why it did this too. I can not stand it. If anyone knows of any way to fix this I know I would be appreciative.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Youtube briefly skips frames every few seconds in High-Quality mode. Very annoyin

curious as well

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Deadlygun is becoming a great contributor

I found it does this because it is downloading the video at the same time as you are trying to view it. Only way that I have been able to watch it without this happening is to pause playback until the entire video has downloaded to the phone, kind of sucks but my connection is not that great so......
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlygun View Post
I found it does this because it is downloading the video at the same time as you are trying to view it. Only way that I have been able to watch it without this happening is to pause playback until the entire video has downloaded to the phone, kind of sucks but my connection is not that great so......
I don't have this problem but he said it was fully buffered.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work

You would think having the video buffering in the background should not affect playback. It may not be an obvious issue to everyone but the skipping drives me bonkers.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlygun View Post
even when allowing the vid to fully load i occasionally still get hangs/skips...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Diamond
Carrier: (sprint)

omarnova is just getting started

same deal with me, hmmmm, it makes me wanna go back to the ugly youtubeplay, atlease that 1 didnt buffer for me but htc you tube looks so much better =(
Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Post Master General

i'm getting much better palyback using kitchens and some of the lates cutom roms.... fingers crossed that it's fixed
Old 11-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm using a custom cooked rom with the latest GF/TC Kitchen and I have no problems playing back high quality youtube videos. Just make sure you don't have any heavy backcground processes running while doing so like Opera with a complicated page loaded or messenger loged in (constantly polls data and refreshes contact status).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond