PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera question

Has anyone else tried to use another web browser and by doing so it took over the default browser status of your phone? I downloaded the new beta of Iris Browser but somehow it became my default browser. I unchecked this and deleted since it wasn't that good but now everytime I open up a web address from an email or in general, IE is my default instead of Opera. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how I get Opera to be the default browser again. Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Opera question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Has anyone else tried to use another web browser and by doing so it took over the default browser status of your phone? I downloaded the new beta of Iris Browser but somehow it became my default browser. I unchecked this and deleted since it wasn't that good but now everytime I open up a web address from an email or in general, IE is my default instead of Opera. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how I get Opera to be the default browser again. Thanks
Riley try to avoid double posting, someone will answer your question.
I think one of the only sure fire ways to set Opera back as your default browser is to re-install it. Just download the latest version or whatever your preference and then install over top of the old. It may ask you to uninstall the old one and may fail but the new version will install over top and will prompt you to make it the default browser.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Riley try to avoid double posting, someone will answer your question.
I think one of the only sure fire ways to set Opera back as your default browser is to re-install it. Just download the latest version or whatever your preference and then install over top of the old. It may ask you to uninstall the old one and may fail but the new version will install over top and will prompt you to make it the default browser.
Ok. thanks for the tip. I would try to do what you are saying but the stock opera is the only one that effectively displays my webmail from my company. very strange that 2649 doesnt do this for me.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Ok. thanks for the tip. I would try to do what you are saying but the stock opera is the only one that effectively displays my webmail from my company. very strange that 2649 doesnt do this for me.
have you tried 2745 it was just released a few days or a week ago?

There is another solution but is is a little more involved. You have to install JZ SmartMort and mort script. I use it and love it. What it does is it allows you to select which installed browser to use every time you select a link anywhere on your ppc, so from rss feed or ie or anywhere. You can also use it to permanently set your default browser to whichever installed browser you prefer. Here is a link from xda:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382043
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond