PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 03:12 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fixed: Diamond from Alltel and NO GPS...ARgghh!

I've got myself a brand new Diamond from Alltel. But after running the HTC GPS tool, the only data it picks up is 50.00, 50.00, 50.00*35. I'm assuming that Alltel has locked out direct radio access, is this true? Anyone know if I can fix this?

Last edited by joojoobee666; 11-10-2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Fixed
Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

julidelara is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Diamond from Alltel and NO GPS...ARgghh!

Sounds like you need to turn location on in the phone settings.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah, it's turned on, so that's not it. Do I need to do any QPST hacks to it or anything? It's just the stock Alltel ROM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Ok, it's fixed. My friend enabled the aGPS in advanced configuration. What a tard....
Old 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond 6950 | 6800 - Retired
Carrier: ALLTEL

th3m3 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to th3m3 Send a message via Yahoo to th3m3

It is locked from the factory but useing the qpst hack and reg hack found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639 (thanks tobychris)

with the exception of
Alltel: (credit goes to Blaine12 at PPCgeeks)

PDE IP Address = 205.142.19.100
PDE Port Number = 8888
PDE Transport = IP
Position Calculation = mobile (I used IP. Not sure why but mobile did not work for me)

and then u can dl a cab from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1223954519
The cab has all of the reg settings (Thanks shadow-tech)
and install the alltel cab
Old 11-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker

tikt4u is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to tikt4u
Re: Fixed: Diamond from Alltel and NO GPS...ARgghh!

I've been having the same propblem. Sorry for being so stupid, but how do you get to advance configuration?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:15 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikt4u View Post
I've been having the same propblem. Sorry for being so stupid, but how do you get to advance configuration?
It's under your programs called "Advanced Config". It's right near the top. Once you open it, go to down to GPD and open that up. Assisted GPS is the first item. MAke sure it is set to disabled and soft reset. Once done you should be good to go. I locked on the satellites in 10 secs once I walked out the door, no other QPST/Reg tweaks necessary.

I should probably mention that I did not try any apps directly but used GPS Gate configured to talk to the the WM GPS driver. I find that GPS Gate keeps apps from locking the port and causing you to have to soft reset to open it up again.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 11-10-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond 6950 | 6800 - Retired
Carrier: ALLTEL

th3m3 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to th3m3 Send a message via Yahoo to th3m3

joo are you running stock alltel rom? i check in my programs and never saw any advanced config?
Thanks,
Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m3 View Post
joo are you running stock alltel rom? i check in my programs and never saw any advanced config?
Thanks,
My apologies! Yeah, stock Alltel, but that app was something he installed. You can find it here -> http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Tw...ls-58295.shtml
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Lurker

tikt4u is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to tikt4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
It's under your programs called "Advanced Config". It's right near the top. Once you open it, go to down to GPD and open that up. Assisted GPS is the first item. MAke sure it is set to disabled and soft reset. Once done you should be good to go. I locked on the satellites in 10 secs once I walked out the door, no other QPST/Reg tweaks necessary.

I should probably mention that I did not try any apps directly but used GPS Gate configured to talk to the the WM GPS driver. I find that GPS Gate keeps apps from locking the port and causing you to have to soft reset to open it up again.
You said make sure it is set to Disabled. Did you mean Enabled?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond