PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyway to change profile of Bluetooth Device through Registry?

I have a Sprint Diamond and a Alpine Blackbird GPS/Bluetooth unit for my car. My Diamond sync with it fine to transfer audio, however it does not sync contacts. If I sync my Moto ic902 with the unit, it syncs audio and contacts. I have been doing some research, I beleive one of the BT profiles needed to this PBA (Phone Book Access) which the Diamond is capable of doing. However, I notice that when I sync it to the Blackbird, the Diamond only recognizes the Blackbird unit only as a Headset (HSP or HFP) and am guessing that is why it does not sync contacts.

After the Blackbird is connected and I go to the Registry Entry via HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Device, I notice my two BT devices the Blackbird and Moto H710 headset. There is a "Services" key for each device and (I think) a key for the service (or type of BT Profile). Which says Hands Free.

My question is does anyone know the data needed to manually edit the Blackbird Device in my registry to use the service PBA (or another profile if you think it would work for my issue) and if that would work? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyway to change profile of Bluetooth Device through Registry?

BUMP. Nothing?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond