PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Proud new owner of the HTC Diamond

Today i went into a bell mobility store and purchased an htc diamond, i got it for 149.95 on a 3-yr renewal/upgrade along with the $30 unlimited data.

First impressions? AMAZING! VGA is effin brilliant and im loving it. The size difference as compared to the touch is almost NOTHING. It fits better in ur hand and is packed with a thousand better features.

The Touchscreen is a LOT more responsive than the htc touch. There is NO delay in the phone, i switched out of the bell ui as soon as i bought the phone, and touchflo3d has NO lag. Videos work flawlessly, and i mean they look BRILLIANTLY clear. Imagine HD TV on ur phone, thats what i would compare it to. Its got wifi and gps which is a great thing for those who dont want to get the 30 unlimited data plan.

The camera is AMAZING to a point where if u thought that the htc touch camera was decent even, this will beat it by MILES.

And im glad i got it for the price i did. I dont know how, but after the AM at the store spoke to a cs, they decided to throw in another 50 bucks off the phone and im a happy camper.

If ANYONE has any questions about this phone, please dont hesitate to pm me. Im going to be developing a new custom rom for this phone within the next few weeks =)

Old 11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Proud new owner of the HTC Diamond

cool and congrats on your new phone... i'm waiting on me should arrive within two days
Old 11-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

any suggestions for roms guys? Im not a noob lol, and i know that juicy and wind have nice roms, but which ones do u prefer and suggest?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i would suggest out of experience that conflipper makes a very sold ROMs (very sold touch rom) ... i would also try no2chem's new rom... i can't wait for my phone to arrive to try them...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

I might suggest building a rom with the kitchen in the sticky. Gives you the chance to put in the programs you want.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work

I think we need to rip another radio now! I would suggest juicy 2.7. 3.0 is what I am using but there are a few bugs to work out. (youtube audio does not work, multi select emails etc)
Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Congrats Buddy

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ah ****... ok so i cant find a stock bell rom and i dont want to just go ahead and flash a custom rom without havin a backup...im stuck
Old 11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

welcome to the Diamond club.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
ah ****... ok so i cant find a stock bell rom and i dont want to just go ahead and flash a custom rom without havin a backup...im stuck
dump it for us and ill cook into a flashable rom.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond