PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

stillryan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera not alway working

In that last couple of days my opera has periodically stopped working. I will select it and it will not launch. It has happened a few times. I only notice it if i'm either trying to open the music store or trying to open opera. I have to do a soft reset to fix it.

I did the change to the opera config settings a few weeks ago so that it doesn't default to the wap pages and haven't had any issues until now.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Re: Opera not alway working

Seems like a small part of Opera may still be executed. To end it or fix this I recommend SKTools, basically it's a phone organizing utility (comes with many tools), one tool it comes with, FreeUpRam, should close the minor background Opera files. Run that tool, only takes a few seconds, instead of soft resets.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

stillryan is a n00b

Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded the SKTools latest version and will give it a try once i get that opera problem again.

It seems to be a nice program, i did a quick free up ram after closing all open programs and it still freed up another 646 kb of ram. I didn't think that i would have that much still in use.

I hope this can fix the problem. My computer died, so no way to sync until i get that back from the techs.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Almost a VIP

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I just downloaded the SKTools latest version and will give it a try once i get that opera problem again.

It seems to be a nice program, i did a quick free up ram after closing all open programs and it still freed up another 646 kb of ram. I didn't think that i would have that much still in use.

I hope this can fix the problem. My computer died, so no way to sync until i get that back from the techs.
So after freeing up ram did opera open?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

stillryan is a n00b

Yeah, it still opened, but i had just done another soft reset before i downloaded sktools. I'm going to try the web several times tonight and again in the morning to see if i can get it to reproduce the issue again, then run free up ram and see if it fixes the error.

What you said makes sense, i just need opera to lockup again so that i can test the free up ram program and see if it fixes the error for sure.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillryan View Post
Yeah, it still opened, but i had just done another soft reset before i downloaded sktools. I'm going to try the web several times tonight and again in the morning to see if i can get it to reproduce the issue again, then run free up ram and see if it fixes the error.

What you said makes sense, i just need opera to lockup again so that i can test the free up ram program and see if it fixes the error for sure.
Alright, just let us know.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamonte
Carrier: eSprint

deanwoof is just getting started

i think i read somewhere on here that if you close opera using the task manager via TF3D, it won't launch again. you have to close opera out when you have opera open. ??
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

stillryan is a n00b

Ok, the opera problem never happened again. But i everytime i used the free up ram program it kept finding more ram all the time, even after a fresh soft reset. Then earlier today my speaker went out completely. It was weird.

I'm chalking this opera problem to a defective device. I had to do several fixes to it over the last few weeks. I got it replaced today and the replacement is working flawlessly.

Oh well, thanks for the advice and help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond