PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

tntsniper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Never Installed to Device, but still only 8MB left? WTF?

I'm not sure whats going on.. i've always installed to the internal card, never on the device.. I see I only have 8mb left and sometimes that drops to 4mb.. I've used memaid to clear data etc..

I was wondering if theres a way to find larger files besides the FIND option built into WM6.1...

What could be causing this?

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Never Installed to Device, but still only 8MB left? WTF?

I'm not sure what the problem is, other than possibly having a TON of music on the storage, but you can order the files by size and check it that way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
I'm not sure whats going on.. i've always installed to the internal card, never on the device.. I see I only have 8mb left and sometimes that drops to 4mb.. I've used memaid to clear data etc..

I was wondering if theres a way to find larger files besides the FIND option built into WM6.1...

What could be causing this?

Thanks!
ill bet its opera. do you ever clear history? in opera settings?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ill bet its opera. do you ever clear history? in opera settings?
i was wondering the same thing. maybe opera is caching to device memory instead of internal storage

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
i was wondering the same thing. maybe opera is caching to device memory instead of internal storage
it allready does. but you can change it to internal.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
it allready does. but you can change it to internal.
Lemme take a look... I believe i've cleared all opera cache and everything....

wow that was it holy shat... got it up to 18MB now haha.. wonder wat else i can clear out..

How do i have it save to internal?

Thanks btw guys!!!!

Any other ideas on how to spruce up and clean up the device memory?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:51 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Lemme take a look... I believe i've cleared all opera cache and everything....

wow that was it holy shat... got it up to 18MB now haha.. wonder wat else i can clear out..

How do i have it save to internal?

Thanks btw guys!!!!

Any other ideas on how to spruce up and clean up the device memory?
opera is a mem hog. give me a minute, im switching my pro opera to internal now and ill tell you play by play how to switch. p.s good game on mon. night right. post 2 will get you started. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=428842

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 11-05-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
opera is a mem hog. give me a minute, im switching my pro opera to internal now and ill tell you play by play how to switch. p.s good game on mon. night right. post 2 will get you started. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=428842
Yea man hellova game Mon night.. they need to keep leftwich in IMO.. but i doubt they will.. The game completely changed once they threw him in !!!

Thanks bro for your help!!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 AM
acs tester

open opera, type in opera:config when that opens scroll down to "user pref" open that and scroll down till you see"directory 4" and highlight that so you can change it. change it to"\internal storage\opera9\cache\ then scroll way down to the end and save. all set, works great. (thanx to my main man rainfreak for this one) thanx bro
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
open opera, type in opera:config when that opens scroll down to "user pref" open that and scroll down till you see"directory 4" and highlight that so you can change it. change it to"\internal storage\opera9\cache\ then scroll way down to the end and save. all set, works great. (thanx to my main man rainfreak for this one) thanx bro
I don't see a "Directory 4."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond