PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Talking How To Enable The FM Radio On CDMA Diamond Or Touch Pro

First of all, I take absolutely no credit for this find. I found the following post on XDA, and just figured I'd forward it to this forum. Please let me know if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr
(By JakDillard)

First you will need a gsm touch diamond rom or touch pro rom - extract the drivers relating to the fm radio i.e. fms.dll or fminit2.bts -move these file into your oemdrivers folder (replacing the one that are already in there) and BAM done .... I got this to work on a rom I was working on then I got a Touch Pro so it does work however the sound is not that loud.... enjoy
Not sure if it's needed or not, but I also found the following registry entries:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\FMS]
    "Prefix"="FMS"
    "Dll"="FMS.dll"
    "Index"=dword:1
    "HTCdebug"=dword:1

Attached is a ZIP with those that I found. Please let me know if I need anymore. Also attached is the FM Radio OEM's from the GSM Raphael ROM. Just in case any cooks need it. I'll also try to make some CAB installs if anybody would like that as well. Please let me know if anybody else gets this running on CDMA devices.

I've also attached a CAB file below that has both the drivers, and the application included. Should be able to install it, and look in Program for the App. Please let me know how this goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PACKAGE_Raphael_FMRadio.zip (572.7 KB, 1287 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip GSM_FMRadio_Drivers.zip (39.8 KB, 827 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip LennySh Raphael FM Radio.zip (605.3 KB, 1019 views) Click for barcode!

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team

Last edited by lennysh; 11-04-2008 at 08:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: How To Enable The FM Radio On CDMA Diamond Or Touch Pro

JD started a thread in the upgrades section, but thanks for the files! Hopefully these work.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Threadstarter

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
JD started a thread in the upgrades section
Ok, maybe a mod will merge these two threads together then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
thanks for the files! Hopefully these work.
Let me know if they do. As I have no device to test on.... yet...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Titan (PPC-6800) & Apache (PPC-6700)

hecatomb is just getting started

Can you please link to the XDA post that discusses it? Have you sucessfully done this to a Diamond?

Edit: Oop! sorry, you guys posted while I was doing this. Please disregard.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
First of all, I take absolutely no credit for this find. I found the following post on XDA, and just figured I'd forward it to this forum. Please let me know if it works.

Not sure if it's needed or not, but I also found the following registry entries:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\FMS]
    "Prefix"="FMS"
    "Dll"="FMS.dll"
    "Index"=dword:1
    "HTCdebug"=dword:1

Attached is a ZIP with those that I found. Please let me know if I need anymore. Also attached is the FM Radio OEM's from the GSM Raphael ROM. Just in case any cooks need it. I'll also try to make some CAB installs if anybody would like that as well. Please let me know if anybody else gets this running on CDMA devices.

I've also attached a CAB file below that has both the drivers, and the application included. Should be able to install it, and look in Program for the App. Please let me know how this goes.

installed your .cab on my touch pro. when i try to run the app i get an unexpected error message.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I cooked in the files and they didn't work either
Old 11-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I thought you needed the antenna/earpeace that came with the original gsm diamond/pro?
I would definitely want to see this happen...

Last edited by nico4k; 11-04-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
I thought you needed the antenna/earpeace that came with the original gsm diamond/pro?
Exactly. I thought HTC used an antenna in the cord for the headphones, which we do not have.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Kitchen Builder

All it says is that you need headphones to launch the program.
It would open with either the htc headphones, or the adapter with regular 3.5mm headphones for me.
The program itself still didn't work though.

Hopefully JD can post the files he used.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I thought JD said he got it to work but didn't ever find a station signal. Like many others have said, the antenna is in the headphones so any regular pair of headphones won't work. Try hooking a wire coat hanger to the headphones and see if that works. lol

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond