PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ismhawk is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ismhawk Send a message via Yahoo to ismhawk
MSL not unlocking Sprint Diamond after flash... no internet

i flashed mighty rom 2.1 which has the generic rom settings, i downloaded DCD sprint carrier settings cab, and after doing all of that my internet got flaky with error 67 and 1012...

i flashed back to the stock rom of sprint, which reset my PRL as well as my radio back to 1.00 from 1.03 vrz, so i figured that it would be an all over fixing process so i can start fresh...

i checked device info and my username is no longer what it should be so i figured go into my settings using the ## code and change it...

i read through possible internet fixes but for that to work i would need my MSL to unlock the phone, i used the Get SPC for my msl, tired that number did not work, i tired the reg edit to create the log to get the MSL and its the same number, still did not work... i called into sprint and the MSl they gave me was still the same and it was not unlocking the phone...

i have not been able to find anything anywhere even by doing a search, but nothing is telling me what would change my device so that it no longer took my MSL code...

any help would be great needed, even if its to say im a noob and what i should have searched for... saying something is better then nothing

(sprint said to take the phone in and get it exchanged, but i refuse to give up with out trying everything first thats to much of a cop out)

Last edited by ismhawk; 11-03-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: MSL not unlocking Sprint Diamond after flash... no internet

did you do ##778# then msl or ##msl# try it whichever way you didnt do it before. also for craps and giggles try ##778# then 000000 for the msl.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
did you do ##778# then msl or ##msl# try it whichever way you didnt do it before. also for craps and giggles try ##778# then 000000 for the msl.
the sprint rep ran me through ##778# as well as ##000000# and ##msl# and 3 other type of codes and still to no avil
Old 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

rikk0 is a n00b

i wish i could remember exactly what they told me to do over the phone, but, when i bought my diamond at best buy the internet wasnt working. he instructed me to press ## something, then enter what i think was my MSL, then go to a certain screen and choose reset the settings to default. then my internet was working. reason im saying all this is that i was surprised it wasn't the usual ##778# that I was expecting to dial. wish i could be more of help. sorry.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

I fixed it! you need to get access to your MSL or take it in to the Sprint store and get them to do this. But you will go in and ##3282# or ##DATA# and then you will need to change the "Active Profile" from "0" to "1". Give that a shot and let me know what ya find out. If the people at the store tell you different you let me know and hold onto that phone cause this should fix it.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
I fixed it! you need to get access to your MSL or take it in to the Sprint store and get them to do this. But you will go in and ##3282# or ##DATA# and then you will need to change the "Active Profile" from "0" to "1". Give that a shot and let me know what ya find out. If the people at the store tell you different you let me know and hold onto that phone cause this should fix it.
Yeah... this fix has been known for awhile... read the very first post and trust me

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37642
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

this is what i have tired on my phone after clicking on edit

##3282# msl code fails, 000000 code fails 111111 code fails
##778# msl code fails, 000000 code fails 111111 code fails
##000000# no responce...
##846524# or ##msl# no responce
##111111# no responce

so to go to anything to make an edit i need to figure out why my phone is no longer taking its MSL code...

as stated in the 1st post getspc, the reg edit log hack, as well as CS have all produced the same number of 846524 and entering that number into the unlock screen does nothing but fail out...

so to fix my internet i know what the sticky thread says, but I NEED TO ACCESS the correct areas to edit them...

so does anyone know why the MSL code is not working and how i can get it to work again... is a proably a better way to ask the issue

Last edited by ismhawk; 11-04-2008 at 09:52 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

There is a registry hack that works to get your MSL... let me look for it...

Found it:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r
11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r
  • The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows. 826202

Last edited by rainfreak; 11-04-2008 at 09:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
There is a registry hack that works to get your MSL... let me look for it...

Found it:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r
11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r
  • The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows. 826202
yea tried it... it gave me the same msl as getspc and the same msl as the sprint rep gave me...

is there a way to get a new MSL, make the old one work, or bypass it so i can make edits?

thanks for trying to help me out because this just seems weird
Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Wow, then I have no clue. I have never seen or heard of a phone that changed its own MSL. If it were me, I would make sure it ahs a stock rom on it and then call customer service again. When they realize that there is a problem, I would ask them to ship you a new replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond