PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

SaF7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which one is better?

I am debating on whether to get the Touch Diamond or the Touch Diamond Pro. I really hate having huge bricks as phones so I am sort of leaning towards the Touch Diamond, but the extra mini-sd slot and qwerty keyboard are tempting. What all does the Touch Pro offer that the diamond does not? Which ones would you guys go with and why?

Thanks for all posts
Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Which one is better?

Touch Pro hands down. I came from the vogue. I didn't notice much difference in size. Having my 8gb micro card back was amazing. I had both and hated the diamond in comparison. Diamond was always messing up and locking up, and the battery really was worse. This is just my humble opinion however.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well i was just like you and then what really helped me decide for the Touch Pro is that the Pro is a 4G (wimax) device. 4g is the new generation of Sprint's data connection. The diamond is not therefore tomorrow I will return my Diamond and get a Pro.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
well i was just like you and then what really helped me decide for the Touch Pro is that the Pro is a 4G (wimax) device. 4g is the new generation of Sprint's data connection. The diamond is not therefore tomorrow I will return my Diamond and get a Pro.
WTF this is misinfo. where the hell did you get "Pro is a 4G"?

I felt sorry for those who tried your ROM

Last edited by foxnews; 11-02-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Diamond was always messing up and locking up, and the battery really was worse.

seems your diamond is one bad apple, not the whole basket.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Threadstarter

SaF7 is a n00b

I also have another question. One thing I will be using my phone for is games. Not just any games, I will be using games that require emulators (such as SNES, NES, Gameboy, etc maybe playstation if possible?). Which one would be better for this? I know the qwerty keyboard would help a lot, but can you have the functionality you would need with the Touch Diamond?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
WTF this is misinfo. where the hell did you get "Pro is a 4G"?

I felt sorry for those who tried your ROM
I just know but cant tell you for legal issues. jusy know that i can test all sprint phones before they are released. BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:21 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
seems your diamond is one bad apple, not the whole basket.
Had 2 with identical probs.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Had 2 with identical probs.

either you got bad luck or those issues are user-error. I got two and none has problem.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:58 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
either you got bad luck or those issues are user-error. I got two and none has problem.
I have a hard time understanding bad battery life in 2 diamonds set up the exact same as my touch pro which has better battery life being an issue of user error. Maybe the freezing, but as you can see I'm not the first with that problem either.

Also I had the problem with Internal storage both times.

Not user error, just phones shipped without proper testing.

BTW: Bluetooth stereo sucks on both of these phones right now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond