PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   active sync won't connect on sprint diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42450)

mclife 10-31-2008 05:31 PM

active sync won't connect on sprint diamond

My active sync just stopped working. I connect phone to PC via USB cable and no longer get the popup on the phone asking me how I want to connect. I checked the connection settings and see that the option to ask how I want to connect is still checked. I tried to force it to go to active sync when cable is connected but nothing.

Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?

regression 10-31-2008 10:50 PM

Re: active sync won't connect on sprint diamond

Might try a different USB port. On my Touch Pro, when I would try and copy large files from my storage card to my PC (Sprite backup files), the connection would drop. I was using the USB ports on the front of my computer. I switched to the ports on the back and so far no problems....

Geekcop 10-31-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclife (Post 488532)
My active sync just stopped working. I connect phone to PC via USB cable and no longer get the popup on the phone asking me how I want to connect. I checked the connection settings and see that the option to ask how I want to connect is still checked. I tried to force it to go to active sync when cable is connected but nothing.

Do you get any indicators on your PC?? Connected/Not Connected?

GirlGoneGeek 10-31-2008 11:11 PM

Mine always does that on my laptop for some reason. I just restart the laptop and it works. I know it may take 1 minute, but it works for a while after that.

gator352 11-02-2008 07:05 AM

Try uninstalling WMDC and reinstalling. It is possible something got corrupted causing you not to connect.

steb0ne 11-04-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclife (Post 488532)

Interestingly enough, I've had the same problem a few times. Once on my Diamond and it just happened on my Touch Pro. Last thing I remember doing was selecting Disk Drive from the USB pop-up (but I didn't select Don't ask me again).

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the USB to PC pop menu back up since then, ending up hard resetting last time to fix it.

Did you ever fix yours?

nuprotocol 11-16-2008 10:18 PM

Have the same issue on my touch pro, and can't figure it out either. May have to do a hard reset, but trying everything but that.

sandsage 11-17-2008 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steb0ne (Post 495549)
Interestingly enough, I've had the same problem a few times. Once on my Diamond and it just happened on my Touch Pro. Last thing I remember doing was selecting Disk Drive from the USB pop-up (but I didn't select Don't ask me again).

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the USB to PC pop menu back up since then, ending up hard resetting last time to fix it.

Did you ever fix yours?

Settings -> Connections - USB to PC

nuprotocol 11-17-2008 02:55 AM

i ended up doing a hard reset and all is well. lol