PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)

nycfonephreak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
12 Volt Automobile Adapter

I have an old Belkin 12 Volt to USB adapter - it was from a sync/charger kit for an old Jornada 560 PPC. I'm wondering if I could use it safely to power/charge the Diamond. The adapter plugs into a cigarette lighger and the USB cord plugs into the adapter.

The Belkin part number for the kit is F8H1000 - but, I cannot find any details about it (already Googled it). The only PDF file on Belkin's site was corrupt.

I've seen these types of adapters advertised as "works with all USB devices" and I guess I'm trying to figure out if they all are generic and will work with all USB devices - just as all USB devices can work with any computer. Anyone know?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:36 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: 12 Volt Automobile Adapter

it should work but im not responsible

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I had something similar, and it charged way to hard and way to fast that my old Touch would be too hott to touch. I wouldn't use it.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:34 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i use the cigarette lighter usb adapter that came with my holux bluetooth gps unit and it works just fine. the ac adapter that came with the phone is 5 volts, 1a, and the ac adapter that came with the holux is the same. i don't know about the cigarette lighter adapter because its in the car, but i'm pretty sure its 5 volts and 850ma... so as long as you don't go past 1a, you should be fine.

Last edited by ou2mame; 10-31-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
Threadstarter

nycfonephreak is a n00b

What about something like this - think it will work?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1149206660741
Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I would recomment looking for something with the same specs as the wall charger (or less).

They are:
5V at 1A

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond