PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond

hatemakinsns is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All default keyboards

So I went ahead and downloaded the PCM Keyboard a few days ago when I got my diamond and I guess it's ok, but I wanted to experiement more with T9 and the compact/dialpad keyboards as I think i might like that better in the long run. Now that I have PCM installed though, the only thing I can seem to type on the abbreviated keyboards are the numbers.. no letters come up. I would uninstal PCM and try again but I've been adding words to the dictionary all week and really don't want to have to go through that process again. I tried a soft reset, and I tried to toggle the Num Lock key off and on but no change. Anything else I can try? I really love this phone but I might have to switch to the Pro just for the sake of having a usable keyboard. I thought I could adjust but I'm struggling here...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond touch
Carrier: Sprint

staticent116 is just getting started
Re: All default keyboards

i was the same way when i first got my diamond being that it was te first touch screen ive ever used. i struggled alot for the first few days with it and even wanted to switch back to my old phone and wait for the pro to come out, but after about week of constantly trying to adjust to this onscreen keyboard, ive about got it down to a science so im loving it now. and plus, reading all of the threads about the pros poorly built hard keyboard, outside of the expandable memory, im not so sure if i even want it now. at least not until they fix all of the fist batches glitches like i think they did with the diamond cuz this is my second diamond and it works great!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hatemakinsns is a n00b

which keyboard do you currently use? I think after watching a couple vids that I might like the abbreviated keyboards with T9 enabled but they just don't seem to work now. Either that or I'm just a total dumbass... but i'd like to think there's just a problem with the PCM Keyboard playing well with others.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond touch

staticent116 is just getting started

personally i just use the stock keyboard. sure everyone is different but this one is working really well for me. i type all of my post on here from my diamond. it definitely takes some patience (and a few mistakes along the way) but once you really get the hang of it, it really becomes a breeze from there.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hatemakinsns is a n00b

I guess I'm just having problems because I'm coming from a Q9. I got to the point where I could type on there faster than my computer keyboard while still easily having eye contact and carrying a convo. I might try touch pal too since I've been hearing good things but that looks like it has a massive learning curve.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hatemakinsns is a n00b

bump for original question
Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I don't use anything but the HTC full qwerty keyboard and find it very usable and intuitive. That said, you could manually copy your dictionary to the Internal Storage, then uninstall and reinstall PCM and then manually copy your dictionary back over the newly installed stock dictionary.

I don't know where the dictionary file is located, but a search of the Software forum or a Google search may yield results on its location.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Lurker

biscoradio is a n00b

I had this problem on my touch Pro with the soft keyboards. Turns out something had put it into T9 mode. DiamondTweak from montecristoff.webs.com allowed me to turn off T9 mode and that brought my QWERTY letter keys back.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

heberman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemakinsns View Post
I guess I'm just having problems because I'm coming from a Q9. I got to the point where I could type on there faster than my computer keyboard while still easily having eye contact and carrying a convo. I might try touch pal too since I've been hearing good things but that looks like it has a massive learning curve.
I say give touchpal a try. Yes, it has a bit of a learning curve, but after a few days learning it (which was kind of fun, actually), I won't go back to the stock keyboard.

Touchpal: http://www.cootek.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond